Hide and Seek

"Sasageyo! Sasageyo! Shinzou wo sasageyo..."

The sound of Ben's ringtone broke Taehyung and I out of whatever trance we had put each other in, giving me enough time to quickly duck behind Iseul.

Unfortunately for Ben, her ringtone also caught the attention of the other boys, who immediately stopped their conversation to look at her.

She turned absolutely red.

Reaching into her pocket as fast as she could, Ben fumbled with the phone in her hands before answering. Realizing that literally everyone was watching her, she turned so we were facing her back and started whispering.

I shifted on my feet behind Iseul, my nerves on edge, afraid that if I moved I would be noticed again. I had been doing so good too. I was trying so hard, and on the day I least expect it....

I wonder if this is how the Trojans felt when they lost chess to the Greeks.

Ben cleared her throat, placing her phone back in her pocket, calling my attention from my thoughts to her.

She bowed in the direction of the three boys. "I would like to say thank you for allowing our group to be on set today, we have learned many invaluable lessons through our observations." She made eye contact with the mystery boy as she stood back up straight. "I would especially like to express my thanks to you, Suga-ssi, for being so accommodating to us on set. The phone call I just received was our manager. While it was nice to meet all of you in person, I'm afraid we have to go."

The mystery boy, who I now know as Suga, nodded to Ben, the neutral expression still on his face.

I guess she took that as a yes because the next thing I know she's turned back toward us.

"Are you guys ready?" She asked.

"Yes," I answered, no hesitation in my voice.

Anything to get away from Taehyung's curious eyes.

The less time I spend near him is less time for me to embarrass myself.

She nodded and after we waved toward the boys (mine was half-hearted, not even gonna lie), we began to walk toward where we entered through. Once we were well away I looped my arm through Ben's so I'd be walking beside her and spoke.

"I have never been so grateful to have an overprotective manager in my entire life," I said.

Ben snorted. "No, I'm serious," I continued. "I could kiss that woman right now. On the cheek though, my lips are reserved for my imaginary boyfriend."

     "Taehyung isn't imaginary."

     "I will murder you. Right now."

     She let out a laugh.

"You know, I'm really starting to believe our theory is correct," Ben said, changing the subject as she kicked a rock in front of her while we walked.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "And that was?"

"That Seo-yoon is like Spider-Man but a different animal."

"Ah, yeah I remember now. Wow, I really should invest in some memory games or something," I winced.

I reached up with my other hand and gripped my hair behind my head as the cool night wind threatened to blow it everywhere, my body letting out an involuntary shiver as my legs were exposed. Ben hummed as she tucked some of her silver hair behind her ear, the short strands not moving as aggressively as mine.