Scouted

"Does this mask make my face look fat?"

     I turned to face my brother, who was walking beside me along the sidewalk.

I hummed. "No. Just ugly."

He glared at me as he readjusted the black fabric, reaching up to make sure his black cap was hiding his hair as well. Then, making sure the strap of his bag was securely on his shoulder, he swung it at me.

My eyes widened as I narrowly jumped out of the way, bumping into someone walking the opposite way.

     "Sorry," I muttered quickly in Japanese before I smirked back at my brother, picking up the black cap that had fallen off my head and dusting it off.

     "You need to improve your aim. That was at least 2 inches off." I tucked a few of the loose hairs that had fallen out of my bun back under the cap as he rolled his eyes and continued to walk.

I skipped a bit to catch up to him. "Seriously grandpa, have you not been taking your vitamins? You're losing your touch."

He narrowed his eyes at me as we moved a bit to get around other walkers.

"I sometimes wonder who ties your shoes in the morning," he finally said.

"Huh?"

He grinned to himself like he had won a little victory.

To bad I didn't understand a word he just said.

"Oh look, we're here," I deflected, voice flat.

Seo-jun looked to his right to see the small alcove in the sidewalk that we had been setting up at every day this week. He immediately set to work, taking the big bag off his shoulder and unzipping it. I walked over to help him set up the mobile turntable in the corner.

"What song did you pick out for me today?" I questioned, setting down my own bag as Seo-jun made himself comfortable behind the table. He grinned, silently handing over his phone.

"'Mic Drop', by BTS." My brows furrowed. "I don't think I've heard that one."

"Wow, you really are uncultured, aren't you?" He remarked, unrolling the small mat we had brought from home.

"Is this good?" He said, his hands and knees still on the ground.

I looked up from his phone where I had been watching the group dance. "Yeah that's fine."

I saw him relax out of the corner of my eye as I lightly hummed to the music.

"It's fast-paced, you'll have fun with it," I heard him say.

I nodded. "So are you remixing it or..."

He snorted. "Well I didn't bring the turntable for decoration."

I rolled my eyes with a small grin as I focused my attention back on the video. Mindlessly, I began to imitate the boys moves. Cross feet here, pretend to drop a microphone, roll my body here and touch my fingers to my lips before flicking them away.

I nodded. I could do this.

"How long will it take you to learn it?" Seo-jun asked, a bit of worry laced in his tone.

I looked up. "How long do we have?"

He got up and snatched the the phone out of my hands. "Really Ye-seo? You know how to read."

"Only hieroglyphics."

He rolled his eyes. "You're so stupid."

I grinned. "Yeah, you're a great influence."