Decisions and Confrotations

How do I even start to explain everything to them?

My mind was running hundreds of thoughts per second as I tossed another pair of sweatpants onto my bed where I was currently organizing everything. I reached back into my set of drawers for a t-shirt and tossed that on the bed as well.

     "Don't worry so much, you'll get wrinkles."

     I pouted at my brother, who was laying on his own bed across the room, one arm behind his head as he played on his phone.

     "Easy for you to say," I grumbled, tossing a pair of yoga pants on my bed. "At least you're moving to Seoul to get additional education."

     "And? You're going to become a household name."

     "If I succeed."

     "If you—" He stopped.

     I looked up at him from the pjs I was folding. He rolled his eyes when he noticed my expression.

     "Ye-seo, I swear, you are the dumbest smart person I know."

     I narrowed my eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?"

     "See? That's the dumb side speaking." Seo-jun stood up and made his way over to me. He grabbed the set of pjs out of my hand and started folding them himself.

     "It means that you're smart enough to recognize that you are talented and have abilities that others don't usually have." He finished folding and placed it on my bed. He reached for another pair and continued. "But, you're dumb enough to let your doubts win, and stop you from doing what you want to do."

     He flicked me on the forehead. "So stop. Fear is an ugly color on you."

     I bit my my lip as I grabbed a pair of jeans and started folding. "You really think I can make it?"

     He rolled his eyes. "Obviously." He took the jeans out of my hand. "Also, you're horrible at folding. Just....sit down, I can't watch this anymore."

     I put my hands up in surrender as I sat down on my bed beside the suitcase. "Don't you have to pack?" I asked.

     "Ye-seo, I've been a college student for several years now, and we just moved. How much stuff do you think I have?"

     "Well I could say the same but I'm still not packed."

     "That's because your whole packing system is chaotic," he nagged, gesturing to the haphazard pile of clothes across my bed. "I mean, this is just a mess. I don't even know what you were trying to do here."

     "You pack your way, I pack my way."

     "No. We pack my way because it's better." He pointed to the pile of clothes. "Can you please start organizing those? Just looking at them disgusts me."

     I sighed. "Fine."

     Standing, I started separating the shirts and pants by different lengths as Seo-jun turned on one of his playlists. Smiled without turning, recognizing the opening beats to one of the songs.

     "You are the cause of my euphoria," I sang under my breath. "Hey, Seo-jun?"

     He hummed.

     "Which pile should I put overalls in?"

     He halfway turned. "Uh, just make a new pile."

     I nodded in understanding before continuing to sift through my clothes, Seo-jun walking over every so often to drop off some he folded into the suitcase. We continued like that for a little bit until we heard the door open downstairs.