Tag, You're It!

I felt awful.

I pushed off the ground for the hundredth time, forcing my chair to spin in the opposite direction, staring blankly at my computer screen.

What is wrong with me?

The other girls had wasted no time once they saw the bag filled with goodies, instantly unpacking and gasping at everything inside. Xiuying's doe eyes widened at the packets of mochi. Ben's usually grumpy morning face was replaced with an innocent look of surprise as she revealed the assortment of pocky. The other three had their jaws drop from the ungodly amount of chip bags that had been hidden under the other snacks. After everything had been put away, they all decided that the bag must have been left at our doorstep by some anonymous benefactor.

I didn't say a thing, even though it wasn't anonymous.

Because I knew exactly who it was.

Unless it was the register kid. Then I should be concerned.

I pushed my foot off the floor another time.

He had bought me every single snack I had had in my arms. Every. Single. One. I made sure to check. And what had I done?

I ran.

I placed both my feet on the ground, stopping my spinning as I started to grow dizzy and buried my face in my hands.

I had left him behind, and he bought me food, my legit favorite thing on Earth.

And now my stupid heart thought I owed him.

I grumbled as I stood from the chair, pacing across the limited floor space. I don't even know where I would find him. Heck, I don't even know why I wanted to find him when I should be running in the other direction. It'd worked great so far, so why am I trying to change that now?

     I let out a loud yell of frustration in the silence of my studio. "This is so stupid," I muttered.

     I stood silently for a moment, staring at nothing, trying to find any excuse to use that wouldn't make me feel guilty. Sadly, there were none.

     Grumbling to myself, I slapped shut the open laptop on my desk and ran my fingers through my hair.

     One apology, and I was done.

     I could go back to running and hiding, like a good little coward.

     All I had to say was sorry.

     I nodded to myself. Sounds like a plan.

     I crossed the room over to my door, threw it open, and immediately let out a yell.

     My arms crossed over my chest protectively as I took several steps back, my hip banging into the metal door handle harshly. A stream of Spanish and Japanese cuss words threatened to make their way out of my mouth, replaced with an angry hiss.

"Well I feel welcome."

I rolled my eyes at the pink haired girl, leaning casually against the door as if I hadn't just almost busted my butt.

"Don't do that to me ever again," I scowled narrowing my eyes at her.

She just shrugged. "If you say so. Anyways~" She turned to me with an mischievous glint in her eye. "Do you want to go to the gym with me? Some of the other girls—"

"Wait. Repeat that." I cut in.

"What? Some of the other girls—"

"Earlier."