38. Memories

"And are you going to tell me what that is?"

I look away from her and back down at the field. My decision wasn't an easy one to come to. I knew this was what I had to do in the end. People will be shocked. Some will have questions. But at the end of the day I need to put myself first. As I watch them finish practice and clean up, I'm hit with a wave of emotions. Happy memories of watching him kick ass and play his best. Hang outs in the stands with some of the team and their girlfriends after practice. Quick lunch dates together at the concessions. Sneaking into the locker room and showering together, hoping to not get caught.

"You're smiling funny."

Her wary voice brings me back to reality. I keep looking at the field.

"Just going down memory lane. We had a lot of happy moments here."

"Does that mean you're staying with him?"

I watch as Theo walks off the field. He looks up at us and nods, before turning and continuing to the locker room.

"A man of mystery tonight."

"Do you hear a word I'm saying?"

She huffs out some air and I can't help but laugh.

"Yes, I hear you. I just like making you sweat sometimes."

"Well that's just rude."

She crosses her arms and pouts.

"You did it to me last week."

"Fine! Oh, where do you want me? Not sure how close you want me while you talk to him."

I look around to see how close people are. There's no one currently in our section thankfully.

"How about your sit three rows up. You'll be close enough to deck him if you need to but far enough to not be face to face during the conversation."

"Ooo, I get to deck him?! I've wanted to knock him out since Friday night! This could be fun!"

She's bouncing in her seat and clapping her hands. I don't think I've ever seen her hit someone like that, but it could be entertaining. Not that I want her to have to hit him. He's just so unpredictable, I have no idea how this is going to go. I can feel myself get nervous as I start to see some of his team walk out of the locker room. I look down at my hands, and pull my sweater sleeves down. I had debated about wearing a long sleeve shirt today, but I wanted to have the option to show Theo the bruises in person if he asked. They were all a nice shade of blue-green now. Hard to miss. I can't wait for them to go away so I can stop worrying about the people in my life seeing them.

I wore a simple white t-shirt, a navy Old Navy sweater, long black leggings, and my Ugg look alike boots. Sammie dressed almost identical with her sweater being a dark teal colour. We laughed when I got in her car and realized we looked almost identical. We also both had our hair down and straightened. Her's is longer and dirty blonde. While mine goes just past my shoulders and is chocolate brown.

I watch as her eyes widen and she stands up and moves up three rows. When I turn to look where she was looking, I see Theo walking towards us. My nerves really start running wild now, and I can feel a knot form in my stomach. It looks like he showered. His blonde hair is wet and brushed back. I remember how he smells after he showers, like Irish spring body wash. He's wearing a white long sleeved shirt that hugs his muscles, and his dark wash jeans that accentuate his ass just right. This look would have all the girls drooling. He throws his hat on backwards as he walks, and all I can do is stare at him. As I look at him, I see my Theo. He's not the scary drunk sex fiend from the other night.