28. Girl!

I feel his thumbs wiping the tears off my cheeks, and then I feel his lips kissing where they were. I melt into the kisses, and place my hands on his, as they cup my face. When I open my eyes, he's scanning them. I grab his shirt and pull him to me, until our lips meet. Kissing him over and over, not wanting him to stop. He wraps his arms around my waist, and pulls me off the tailgate. He's able to hold me close, and I never want him to let me go. We stand like this for a while, neither wanting the kissing to end. It's not until I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, that I'm forced to come up for air. I check it, and it's Sammie. Dylan sees her name on the screen and tells me to take it.

"Hey Sammie,"

"Girl! I gotta go to bed soon, but we NEED to talk about earlier! Say goodnight to Dylan and go inside already!"

"How did you,"

"You guys drove past us as Craig was taking me home. I figured when I didn't hear from you yet, that you were likely still outside saying your goodbyes."

I turn back to face Dylan, but he's not standing in front of me anymore. I hear the truck door close behind me, and turn to see him standing there holding all my stuff.

"I'll call you back in a minute, okay?"

She agrees, telling me to be quick, and then hangs up. Dylan starts walking toward the house. I unlock the door, and he carries everything in for me. He asks where I want it, and I tell him upstairs. We head up, and he puts everything down in my room. He turns and places his hands on my waist. He's trying to lock eyes with me, and search my face for any emotions. When I do make eye contact with him, he looks slightly relieved with what he sees.

"I love you."

"I love you more, my sweet angel mine."

My heart starts racing again hearing him call me that. He pulls me in for a hug and then cups my face and kisses me. The kiss feels final, and I know he will be leaving after this. He puts his forehead against mine, and sighs.

"Can't keep Sammie waiting."

As if her ears were ringing, his phone starts vibrating, and it's her.

"Say your goodbyes lover boy."

"Yes boss."

He hangs up, and gives me one quick hug before walking back over to the door.

"You don't have to walk me out. Send me a text when Sammie's done with you, okay?"

"It may be a while."

"That's okay, I'll wait up."

He blows me a kiss before turning and heading out the door. I go and get changed into my pyjamas, and then lay down on the bed and call Sammie. It barely rings once before she picks up.

"GIRL! You have to fill me in on what happened before the call, and what happened after!"

I read her the message that Marley sent me, and then tell her the gist of what I can remember from the message she sent Dylan. She holds most of her comments until after I finish.

"Wow...just wow! And then he called her?"

"Yup. I figured it would be easier for you to hear it all, than for me to have to try to remember it all."

"I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time. Can't believe what all she said. He was fired up! I don't blame him though, it's just different hearing him talking like that."

"Ya, he's had enough of her. With all the stuff she's been bringing up since we started dating, it's been a headache."

"I burst out laughing when she started laughing. And then she goes and says you have him BRAINWASHED!? I think she's the one with the mental problems!"