21. Some Favourites

"I will always love you for you. I'm glad I eventually got up the nerve to ask you out. I know it didn't happen how it should have, but that just gives us something to laugh about now."

He leans in and kisses me one long sweet kiss. He turns and looks at what I put on the table for him.

"Wow, I haven't seen these in forever."

"We spent a lot of summers eating these by my grandparents pool. So many great memories were made around the pool."

He nods in agreement, and opens the container. He goes for the cinnamon one first, like I knew he would. He closes his eyes in enjoyment while he eats it.

"As good as you remember?"

"Mhm."

He hands me a chocolate one, and it feels just like the olden days by the pool. After he's had a couple donuts, he looks at the list again to see what's next.

"Next are the favourite snacks and drinks."

I pull out the coke, ketchup chips, Reece's peanut butter cups, and Swedish berries. He pulls out peach Snapple iced tea, white cheddar popcorn, peanut M&M's, and mini fuzzy peaches.

"I guess we both had the same idea with the one-of-each-kind-of-snack thing."

"Well, I couldn't just pick one snack. You did good though. Knew all my favourites."

"That was the easiest part of the whole list. Next is the game, right?"

"Yep."

I pull out the Mario Party, and he pulls out travel sized Rummikub. We each grab them after they're put on the table, and start checking them over.

"Oh! I've never seen a travel sized version."

"You actually found a Mario Party? This ones hard to find."

"It was the last one left too."

He's looking over the back of it, and then remembers there is still more to swap. Next we do something to wear. I pull out his bathing suit, and he pulls out a bathing suit for me. This one is something similar to the one he had the picture of, but it's a baby blue and has a little doves on it. He blushes when I look at him.

"This one looks an awful lot like the one you had a picture of."

"When it looks so damn good on you, why not get another one similar to it."

"Mhm. I will have to try it on when I'm not so achy and bloated."

The last item is the something they need. I'm curious to see what he pulls out. He looks like he's trying to hide a smile, which makes me even more curious as to what it could be. I pull out the cup, and he pulls out a box of tampons. He starts laughing.

"I mean, you're not wrong."

He then pulls out a screen protector and the Otterbox case I've been wanting to get.

"Dylan! You didn't have to buy those. That's way too much."

"I know I didn't have to, but your current case is cracked, and they had this one on sale since it was returned from an online order. I asked an employee if there was anything wrong with it, and she said that it was only returned because the person ordered the wrong size. But since it was opened, they had to discount it. So I didn't technically pay full price. And what I saved on the case covered the screen protector."

"Here I was trying to treat you tonight, and you still spent a ton."

He sticks his tongue out at me and winks.