20. The Penguin

"I will take any chance I can to kiss you."

We kiss over and over, before he pulls away slightly and gives me little kisses all over my face. Man does he ever make me happy.

"I'm never going to get tired of doing that."

"Good, cause I like that too much."

He smiles, and then opens his door.

"Come on, let's go get dessert, so we can be closer to getting to go home, and doing that more tonight."

He turns and winks at me before closing his door. I hop out and head in with him. We walk over to the display case where they have all the different premade desserts. There's three options for us to choose from. Cookie dough, vanilla with M&M's, and chocolate brownie. I watch him to see where he's looking, and I can tell the chocolate brownie one has caught his attention.

"You can get that one."

He doesn't hesitate, and grabs it out. He automatically starts the truck so it can stay cool in there, and we head to the cashier to pay for it. I catch a glimpse of him going to reach for his wallet, but then he remembers the deal and doesn't. I pay and we head out to the truck. We drive back across town and get to the restaurant with ten minutes to spare. Dylan's phone rings and we see it's Parker. He puts it on speakerphone but doesn't tell Parker I'm there.

"Hey man, what's up?"

"Hey, not much. I was wondering if you happen to know a girl named Alaina? She said she works with Everly at the chiropractors office."

We look at each other and nearly burst out laughing. What are the chances he'd call and ask about her after the day we had with her? I wait to see how he's going to answer this.

"I've met her but that's about it. Why?"

"I remember her being at a couple different games over the season, but I've never talked to her. She texted me today and asked if I'd want to hang out and get to know each other. She mentioned that she knew Everly, so I thought I'd call to see if you knew her too, and what you thought of her."

We both give each other a look, and I can tell he's struggling with what exactly to say.

"She seemed nice when I met her. Seemed to like her soccer players. Her brother plays and I know she's gone to quite a few of his games. Besides that, I don't know much. Ev hasn't mentioned much about her, so I'm not sure how often they work together."

"Gotcha. I think Alex Harper's girl works there too, doesn't she?"

"Ya, Rachel. Her and Ev have become good friends from the sounds of it."

He's not wrong there. I don't work with Alaina all that often, and I am getting closer with Rachel. I look at the time, and it's about time for our order to be ready. He mutes his phone while I get out, and head inside. The waitress recognizes me, and smiles when she sees me.

"I had a feeling this was for you when I saw what was in it."

"Well you guessed right."

"No soccer boy with you? Looked like he had ordered with you."

"He's out in the truck."

"Ah, just the two of you today?"

"Ya, a lot has changed since the last time we were all in here."

She perks up when she hears that, and puts down the salsa container she was refilling.

"Oh really? Hopefully good changes."