13. Braiding

He gets out first, and I finish washing my hair and face. When I turn off the water and peak around the fogged up glass door, he's standing there leaning up against the counter with just a towel wrapped around his waist. He's holding my towel over his shoulder and looking at me.

"Holding my towel hostage, are you?"

"Maybe."

"So what is it going to take to get my towel?"

He smiles cheekily, and winks at me.

"I can think of a few things."

He starts walking towards me, with my towel still draped over his shoulder. He's just far enough that I can't reach behind him to get it, but close enough for me to grab his towel if I'm quick enough. I make it look like I'm going to touch his abs, and then I snatch his towel right off of him. He's shocked and isn't able to grab for it fast enough once he's realized what I was doing.

"Two can play at this game, East."

"Man you're quick!"

"I'm also freezing. So either you give me mine and I'll give you yours back, or I'm just going to use yours."

He hands me mine, and after looking him up and down, I hand him his back. I dry off and then wrap the towel around myself, before stepping out of the shower. He's back standing up against the counter with just his towel on.

"I wish I had my phone, so I could take a picture of this."

"Back atcha."

I walk over and look in the mirror at myself. My hair is wet and a slight mess, and I'm just in a towel.

"I think my view was better than yours."

He laughs slightly at the confused look on my face, and then comes behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. He rests his chin on my shoulder and looks in the mirror with me. All I see is love in his eyes, and I know he sees me differently than how I see myself. There is the saying though that love is blind. Maybe that contributes to this.

"What do you see?"

"Something different than what you see."

He squeezes me tight and kisses my cheek.

"And what is that?"

"Wet messy hair and me in a towel. Then there's you and your heart stopping smile, stunning green eyes, soccer bod, and towel that sits just above all the goods."

"Ya, that's definitely not what I see."

"I told ya so."

He kisses my cheek before looking back in the mirror at us.

"I see my messy wet hair, and all my imperfections. But then I see you, and your emerald green eyes, your sweet heart-stopping smile, and all your sexy curves you hide under that towel." 

"They do say love is blind."

"I think that's more love for oneself is blind."

"Maybe. I just hope you'll always love what you see when you look at me."

The last half of that comes out as a whisper, and I can't make eye contact with him in the mirror. I'm surprised I said that out loud, but I did mean it.

"Even when you're old and wrinkly, you'll still be the most beautiful woman to me."

"Someone's thinking WAY down the road."

"Even if you don't keep me around, that'll still be true."

"I think it will be you getting tired of me first."