14. Five For Dinner

I will still drive safely, so it's not like we're drag racing or anything, but it's still got my adrenaline pumping. I just get in my car, when I see his truck automatically start. I start driving, and look every now and then to see if I see him behind me. I pull up to the house, and wait for him to get here. It's nice and cool in the car, so I'd rather wait in here than outside.

I see his truck pull in next to my car, and wait for him to turn it off before getting out. I sneak around the back of the truck as he gets out and jump on his back after he closes his door.

"I'm really hoping that's you."

"It is. Hi!"

I hop off his back, and he turns around to face me.

"I wish I could wake up with as much energy as you. You flew out of the house."

"Ya...you on the other hand, move at a turtles pace."

He shakes his head at me and sticks out his tongue. I put both hands on his hips and back him up against the truck. I lean in and kiss his neck, and then make my way to his lips. After a couple kisses, I back up and stick my hand out for him to take.

"You want to go in and I can't even think straight after that."

"Thought it would take your mind off of worrying about tonight."

"Well, it's done that."

He shakes his head, as if trying to clear it, and then laces his fingers with mine. As we walk towards the house, the door opens, and standing there is Anthony. His wavy brown hair curling up around the rim of his black hat. His long legs hugged by ripped jeans. His torso covered by a baggy blue Hollister t-shirt. He laughs when he sees the surprised look on my face.

"Mission accomplished."

"What are you doing here?"

He backs up, so we can come in, and then goes over and sits on the couch. We sit down in our usual spots and wait for him to answer.

"I talked to mom yesterday. She mentioned what happened to you on Friday. I moved some things around and came home."

"You didn't have to come home."

He shrugs, and waves his hand gingerly.

"I know I didn't, but I wanted to. I also wanted to see this for myself. You didn't think to tell me you two were dating?!"

"We hadn't really talked lately, since someone's been ignoring me."

A look of shock spreads across his face, and he shakes his head.

"I have not!"

"You have too! I texted you three times and not once did you reply."

He whips out his phone and searches for those messages. I can tell he finds them, when he face palms and shakes his head.

"I don't remember getting those."

"Not my fault! I sent them! You could have looked in the conversation at any point and saw them sitting there."

He reads over them and texts me his responses to them. Looking pleased with himself as he puts his phone down on the couch next to him.

"There. I responded."

"It's a little late for that. I already figured that stuff out."

He scratches the back of his head and looks down, knowing I'm right. When he looks back up, I can feel myself getting nervous. He's looking at us and I know he's going to ask questions.