1. Surprise

My alarm goes off and I'm not ready for it to be time to get up yet. I know I have to though, and remembering that I get to see him in just under four hours gives me the motivation I need. I turn my light on and grab my phone. No message from him yet, but one from Sammie, saying she's up and getting ready. I text her back saying I'm up. I send Dylan a little good luck message, and then I get up and get ready. It takes me about as long as I thought it would to get ready. My hair cooperated and just needed some touching up. I look at my completed look in the mirror, and am glad that I went with the navy. I grab everything I need and head out the door. I can't help but smile when I see his truck sitting in the driveway. I text Sammie to let her know that I'm leaving to get breakfast and that I'll be there shortly. As I start the truck my phone buzzes. She texts back a thumbs up and her order. The drive thru isn't lined up at this hour, so it doesn't take long. I remember to make sure the order is right before I drive away. Last time we went on a road trip like this, they messed up our order.

It only takes me about seven minutes to get to Sammie's and she's surprisingly already outside waiting for me when I get there. She is dressed in a plum coloured halter dress with light washed denim shorts underneath. Her hair also pulled back into a cute ponytail. She looks all excited when she sees me, and hops right in.

"Hey, you ready for this?"

"So ready."

"Did they get everything right this time?"

"Looks like it. I made sure to check this time."

We put the address of the field into the trucks gps, and then off we go. The drive isn't too bad. Not too much traffic until we get into the city. Sammie and I decided we will try to park where they can see the truck and then sit in the back on the tailgate. If they don't happen to see us, then we'll go sneak into the stands and wait there. Sammie pointed out that it may interrupt the game if we just do the stands first. We can always text Parker and get him to point out the truck too.

The map says we only have three minutes left. I can feel my heart pounding, and I can see Sammie bouncing up and down in her seat as we get closer. She's had to use every ounce of strength to not text Craig all morning. She didn't want to give away that she was up early and have him FaceTime her. The guys are thankfully all inside the indoor field when we get there. Craig had mentioned to Sammie that they would be practicing indoors and the other team would be outdoors before the game. We manage to park a couple spots down from Craig's car.  And it happens to be a spot that backs up to the field. I back in the truck, so that they'll be able to see the front of it as they walk past. They should be coming out any minute, so we quickly check everything in the mirror and go and get in our places. I decide to send Parker a text to give him a heads up, and ask for his help. He says he's happy to help, and they're about to head out. I'm literally shaking, I'm so excited.

"I can't believe it's about to finally happen! I feel like I could throw up, I'm that excited."

"Girl, me too! I can't wait to see Dylan."

We both watch through the window as the guys start to come out. I catch a glimpse of Parker, and then see Dylan and Craig. We watch as Parker turns to them and we can faintly hear him say "didn't Craig drive you guys?"  We can see them both nod, and then watch as Parker points at the truck and comments how it looks like Dylan's. The two of them look confused and then we watch as they walk towards it. Dylan spots his license plate, and starts running. I hop off the back of the truck just in time for him to come around the corner and scoop me up. The force takes my breath away for a second. The warmth and electricity are back, and stronger than ever. I'm not facing them, but I can hear Sammie laughing and Craig asking her what she's doing here. Dylan still hasn't said anything or put me down, he's just walking around, carrying me, with his head nestled in against my neck. He eventually stops and puts me down. He releases his tight grip on me, and pulls away, then cups my face and stares into my eyes.