Chapter 18: Sweet Tooth

Unedited

"It has been a long past few days. Tell me, have you two thought of a new plan?"

Kohga sat at the dining table and grumbled at the question. The Yiga Clan haven't had the chance to even leave the hideout recently, not since the Guuji had managed to wander off all by herself for that one day.

"The Princess, the Hero and the Sheikah girl will be travelling from the Castle to Gerudo Town in two days' time to speak on the topic of the Divine Beasts," Sooga answered the Seer's question, "Master Kohga has decided he will take the place of the Gerudo Tempest, and a group of our soldiers will lead the true Chief away."

"Then that Princess's destiny will be thwarted once we get our hands on her!" Kohga exclaimed, "that power she has, it's depleted almost entirely! There's no way she can fight back!"

"Without the Guuji's guidance, the Princess's power is chaotic; she doesn't know her full capabilities or how to use it," Sooga mentioned with a stern voice, "that is our advantage."

Astor eyed the pair of Yiga as he turned towards the small, dark guardian staring up at him from the ground. Such a small, pathetic little gadget, yet it held the world's most powerful foe. Calamity Ganon's soul resided deep within the small automaton, awaiting it's near revival.

"I surely hope I am not being overly optimistic with your capabilities," Astor stated, placing the small guardian high upon a cushion, allowing it's power to stand tall over them. He held a strange catalyst towards the creature, a malicious dark aura surrounded by floating gears, "we mustn't fail our Harbinger again."

Kohga and Sooga watched as the Seer spoke with the guardian, the catalyst floating high into the air and bursting with malicious intent. Such raw power, it was absolutely extraordinary.

"In two days' time, I expect the Princess's blood to be spilled," Astor turned to them, the gear-surrounded orb returning to his grasp, "and if that fox intervenes, you will take her life too."

"W-What?! We can't do that!" Kohga choked before shouting, slamming his cup on the table, "we thought ya wanted her around?!"

"I do. But we cannot stand for any...changes in behaviour, "Astor said, his gaze shifting to the cup in Kohga's hand, "but that all depends on her and how well behaved she is."

The pair of Yiga narrowed their eyes and growled at the thought, glaring as the Seer laughed. Within seconds of his words, he had left the room. The moments of silence that lingered afterwards and the malice that filled the air. To hurt you, to even think of doing so. Even they, the greatest of assassins, could never do such a thing.

"That bastard..." Kohga mumbled to himself, leaning back in his chair with his feet propped up on the table.

"Master Kohga, we won't...be going through with that, correct?" Sooga asked softly, for once, doubt filled his voice.

"O-Of course not, Sooga!!" Kohga exclaimed, "if we just— you know, don't tell her about the plan, then she won't know at all! We'll do that!"

Sooga sighed in relief, yet deep down, doubted his Master's words. Your hearing, your sight and your sense of smell could detect lies from a mile away; your senses were a force to be reckoned with. Yet still, despite the doubt, he was relieved.

"What do you think she is doing now, Master?" Sooga asked, trying to ease the tension, "perhaps still working on her own small automaton?"

Kohga perked up at the question and thought to himself; there had been word going around that you'd taken up residence in the kitchen for the day, but that may just be speculation of course. Wait, could you even cook...?