Chapter 7: Time to Go

Unedited

In the blessed black of the starry night we gain a fuller sense of home. A feeling of belonging. A need to fit in and dance amongst the stars.

Home.

Where was your home? You didn't know the answer to that. Was a home a place, or a person?

You like to think that — wherever the stars shine brightest and where the snow dances elegantly — is where your home is. You would spend your life searching for this place, this feeling of warmth in your ice cold heart.

You sighed, the breeze of the cool night air washing past your face. The stars were bright tonight, maybe you'd see a shooting star? You've never seen one of those before. Can you befriend a star? Can you eat a star? Can you kill a star? You didn't know the answers to those questions, you didn't want to either.

"Yer up here early, lady!" a familiar voice came, the faint glow of a lantern lighting the area slightly, "I half expected ya to wait a little while, sweetheart."

"I decided to come out early," you said, sitting up as the man sat beside you, "I don't often get to see the stars, let alone sit a top a mountain peak."

"Why is that?" Kohga asked, munching on another banana as you spoke.

"I spend so much of my time doing paperwork," you sighed, lying back down on the small blanket you brought up with you, "everything was tedious. I have to run two jobs, being both the Royal Advisor and Chief Priestess of Grand Hyrule Shrine, it was always so stressful."

"I can't imagine what that's like," he sighed, "I just nap all day and leave all my work to my minions!"

"Hah! I wish," you laughed, "hell, if I could nap all day, it'd be like heaven..."

"What's stopping you now?" he chuckled, lying down on the blanket beside you and staring into space, "we can be nap buds, y'know. The Great Master Kohga and the beloved Guuji (Y/N), napping partners forever!"

You burst into laughter, snorting all over the place as he laughed too. "If there were any tournaments on who could sleep the longest, we'd be the winners!" he bellowed with laughter, "all the wonderful, golden trophies lining the wall! Just think of it!"

"That would be pretty awesome," you snickered, making little designs out of ice on the ground, "I've never won a tournament or anything before."

"Really?" he asked, dumbfounded by your statement, even he's won at tournaments before, especially the all you can eat contests.

"Meh, I don't mind," you laughed, painting little ice designs everywhere, "a trophy doesn't really mean anything to me, neither does winning."

"Well, I'd bet 1 million rupees that you'd win 1st place at an ice sculpture contest," he chuckled, "and speaking of ice. You were going to tell me what it's like? Y'know, being a kitsune?"

Oh right! You'd forgotten about the reason the two of you came up here. You haven't been outside in 3 weeks so maybe you just needed fresh air to get your brain going again.

"Well...I don't actually know where to start," you laughed nervously, "there's a lot of information!"

"Then I suppose you better get started," he chuckled, playing with one of the blades he and his fellow yiga used, "start from the beginning, where you think feels natural. While I munch out."

You smiled, your eyes that resemble malice still had that faint shimmer to them, it was nice getting to talk about this type of stuff, even if you weren't used to it.