Chapter 17: Shopping Spree!

Unedited

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

The sounds of that accursed clock filled your ears and you grumbled to yourself, sitting at your desk as you gradually lost your patience. Those incessant tick tock's of that clock had been deteriorating your brain for hours now as you tried to think. In the past few days, ever since you'd returned to the hideout, you'd wanted to do something nice for Kohga and the clan, something that would make their day.

You sighed and rubbed your temple impatiently, scribbling down ideas on the parchment. The edges of the paper were torn and ripped slightly from how old it was; you were surprised that the diary hadn't fallen apart after five hundred years.

The sound of the quill etching onto the paper filled the air and your ears flicked; the sound it made scratched your brain in just the right spot. You'd wondered if it was the same for Kohga, you both had the knack for writing or doodling when you were bored.

Your eyes scanned the pages as you sketched, unsure of what exactly you were drawing; but a face popped into your mind. Your quill continued to brush against the paper, the person's lips curled into a happy smile.

The beaming grin flashed at you; his face was round and rather quite adorable. Red triangular markings had been permanently tattooed into his rough skin beneath his eyes, and the dark curled hair shaped it all. He was a Sheikah, there was no doubt about it, but you'd never seen him before. He felt familiar, however.

You leaned back into your chair, returning your thoughts to the Yiga Clan. What was something they didn't have, or didn't experience often? You sighed deeply as you pondered your thoughts, locking up the small diary and slipping it into the desk's drawer before standing to your feet.

"Perhaps I can try and take them all somewhere, Satori Mountain is nice this time of year...but that would only cause suspicion," you mumbled, pacing around your room, "or maybe teach them something? Would they even be willing to learn any of my dances...?"

You groaned and folded your arms over your chest. At this rate, you'd never be able to think, not on an empty stomach at least.

Hmm....

"That's it!" you exclaimed with the snap of your fingers, awakening from your thoughts as your stomach growled, "a feast fit for royalty! They'd be sure to adore that!"

With a big smile on your face, you rummaged through your things and clipped your satchels around your waist. If you were quick, Kohga and Sooga wouldn't even notice you were gone! Then you could cook all you need for a feast!

With a deep breath, you placed your forefingers together and furrowed your eyebrows. Within mere moments, your body became encased in thick smoke and sigils; you went from the comforts of the hideout, to landing in the hot sand.

"Ah, hot! Hot!" you cried out, leaping into the air, and pulling an elixir out. The cold liquid slid down your throat and you tossed the bottle into the sand, cursing the heat as you rubbed the burns, "ah, ah...too hot..."

Your eyes scanned your surroundings, thick walls towering over you that lead into Gerudo Town and into the markets. Thank goodness nobody had seen you. You sighed as ice covered your burns and snapped your fingers. Rather, instead of teleporting, your bones cracked and contorted until you bore the form of a tall, Gerudo woman.

"Hm, not used to being so tall in a mortal form..." you mumbled, but even then, the Gerudo had the muscles you would have killed for.

You groaned once again and stepped through the sand, pushing the heavy, curled red hair out from your face. You had to admit, it was nice being a little taller. And you wouldn't be recognised by anyone.