Red Flags

Draco woke up Saturday morning with a horrible feeling, Seamus and Harry were still asleep under the covers around him and yet, all he felt was dread.

Draco stared up at the canopy sheer curtains, trying to search his mind to figure out what he was feeling. Everything was fine! It was the weekend with no stress of classes or class work, everything should be okay. This feeling....why am I so anxious???

Harry stirred awake, a light moan turned into a yawn as he stretched. "Draco? How long have you been up???" He asked, cuddling next to him.

"About an hour." Draco answered, furrowed his brow. "I have this weird feeling." He whispered, thinking about the dream he had. "I dreamed of darkness, cold and claustrophobic...I woke up feeling nervous."

Harry snuggled into Draco's neck, pulling him closer. "Don't worry, dreams can't hurt you."

"Why are we awake?!?!" Seamus groaned, looking at the time on the face of the grandfather clock. "It's 8am!" He buried his face into Draco side, closing his eyes with a growl of discontent.

Draco rolled his eyes at the both of them. "I still think something feels off...like in a bad way."

"Shut it! Sleep!!!" Seamus whined sleepily.

Harry already fell back asleep

Draco heavily sighed, trying to let his eyes close. Maybe I'm just paranoid...I'll go back to sleep. He let himself relax again, drifting back to sleep.

******
Minerva ran from her office in hastened worry, making her way down to the Dungeons to knock on Horace Slughorn's door.

Horace came to the door, already dressed with a glass of juice in his hand. "Minerva good morning! Please come in!" He turned to let her step inside.

"Horace this is not a social call I'm very concerned!" Minerva walked in fast, closing the door behind her.

"My dear what's got you in such a state? You look like you haven't slept!" Horace brought her further inside, sitting her down on his living room couch.

"I havent Horace, I can't find Remus or Severus! I searched the castle last night and I tried sending letters to some of the other teachers asking if they knew anything but I've come up empty!" Minerva ranted, concern in her cross face.

Horace felt nervous about this whole thing. "And their still not here this morning? Are you sure their not just out on errands?" He sipped his juice.

Minerva shook her head. "I asked Pomona and Poppy if they had any sort of delivery or assignment and they both said no! They had their classes one moment, and then the next they disappeared! Horace should I alert the Ministry???"

"Minerva it's too soon to assume something has gone wrong, let's give it till the end of today...if their not back by the end of dinner we will make the announcement to the students and faculty, then we'll tell the ministry." Horace handed Minerva a croissant.

Minerva ripped it apart anxiously on her plate. "I hope they do come back, we just started classes again! We can't deal with more danger." She took a bite.

*****
Lucius and Narcissa were in their kitchen, sitting and waiting for breakfast. A few obviously injured house elves were cooking and cleaning, avoiding getting too close to Lucius. Fenrir was pacing infront of the basement Dungeon door, grumbling and snarling to himself.