Topsy-Turvy

Draco felt like the walk back to the bedroom took ages, feeling down about how he acted towards Harry, feeling like he caused a problem. But he knew he was terrified of pain, of losing control...what if Harry didn't want him? So many dark thoughts swarmed him as he dragged his feet down the Dungeons, his hands shoved in his denim pockets.

Draco stopped at the front of the entrance to the two black doors, stuck in a miserable state of anxiety. He had to tell Harry no, he couldn't do it.

What if I tell him I can't be what he wants? Will he reject me?

Draco shook the nonsense from his head, unlocking the door. He took a big breath, quickly walking inside before he changed his mind. To Draco's relief the room was empty, quiet and chilly. He put his keys down on the dresser, walking over to levitate some wood into the fireplace.

"Incendio." Draco whispered, pointing his wand at the wood. As the room warmed up, he toed off his hightops and socks, lying down on the couch. He turned his head as footsteps came just outside the door, burying himself under the blankets and pillows.

Harry came inside, locking the door behind him. He looked around with a furrow of his brow, confused. I smell Draco...but I don't see Draco...Merlin I'm losing it.

Draco listened to Harry walk about the room, placing him by the closet. Why am I hiding?! Malfoy's don't hide! He told himself, but he couldn't make himself move...

Harry dropped his keys on the dresser, turning his head to see Draco's keys were already there. "Draco???" He went over to the bed, peering into the curtains but it was empty.

Draco covered his mouth as he tried to be silent, listening to Harry coming closer.

Harry had checked the clothes closet, linen closet, and the bathroom. He came back in thinking he'd lost his marbles. Wrackspurts in my brain is it? I need a nap. He shook his head, about to give up.

Harry walked over to the fireplace, watching the wood burn. He looked at the grandfather clock to see he missed lunch, turning around to sit on the couch. He smirked from ear to ear as he saw a fort made of pillows and blankets. "Draco?" He called, kneeling down infront of the mound of blankets.

Draco stayed still, watching the shadow of Harry's hand come closer.

Harry pushed aside multiple pillows and shams, opening the side of the blanket. "Draco...why are you hiding from me?"

Draco pulled the blanket back down.

Harry sighed, pushing away the pillows on Draco's side. "Common now! Let me in!" He pushed himself under the blankets, grabbing Draco.

"Harry!!! Ughhh!" Draco struggled, soon giving up as Harry's arms trapped him in a strong embrace.

"Now, let's talk okay? I'm sorry Draco." Harry kissed his forehead. "I shouldn't have pressured you."

Draco glared, trying to hold his pissed off mood, but the soft kisses and strokes of Harry's hand on the back of his hair made it impossible. "You know me better than that, why did you do that?"

Harry sighed. "I guess I got overwhelmed by what you wanted. I was excited I truly never thought you'd ask."

Draco got a PTSD flash of his father ontop of him, beating him mercilessly. "I have alot of baggage Harry...but I'm also sorry, there are some things that set me off in a bad way...I shouldn't have reacted that way."