Memory Euphoria

Harry woke early Tuesday morning, getting up to shower and get dressed. He made his way to the kitchen to eat a big breakfast, going on the 5th floor to the gift shop. He went back to the 4th floor after he checked on one of the Healers.

Harry walked back into Draco's room, quietly shutting the door.

Draco was still fast asleep, his arm dangling off the side of the bed.

Harry smiled, climbing back into the bed. "Draco." He whispered, rubbing his back. "It's time to wake up, their delivering your breakfast soon." He put Draco's arm back on the bed.

Draco groaned sleepily, opening his eyes slowly. "Potter it's too early." He whined, rolling over.

Harry lied down next to Draco, inches from his face. "It's 7am, I know it's early but we have important things to do today."

Draco opened his eyes with a glare. "Are you always this loud in the mornings?"

Harry smiled. "You know, no matter how irritated you get." He pushed Draco's bangs off his eyes. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Even after what I said?" Draco rubbed his eyes sleepily, sitting up.

Harry nodded. "Let's put that behind us, we have more important things to focus on today."

The main Healer came inside, pushing a breakfast cart. "Private delivery for Mr. Malfoy! It's time for breakfast! You need to eat a big protein meal to start your day!"

Draco took one last look at Harry, stretching to the tips of his fingers and toes. "Guess sleeping in is out."

The Healer set down a standing tray over Draco's torso, the plate was filled with scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, and sausage links. "Here you are! I have pumpkin juice or orange juice which would you prefer?"

Draco just scowled at the man.

"Yes well I'll leave both!" The Healer chuckled nervously, setting down the two drinks. "Someone will be by to see you both soon!" He smiled, walking out of the room.

Harry rolled his eyes at Draco's attitude towards others. "When we were together, you were much nicer." He stole the orange juice off the tray, pulling up the chair.

"I highly doubt that Potter, I have no reason to be friendly with others." Draco scowled at his plate, gingerly taking his first bite.

Harry laughed into his cup. "Draco you started making friends and softening your tone, that's not a bad thing."

Draco didn't respond, drinking his juice while snapping his teeth into a sausage link.

Harry moved the chair up against the bed. "You even made friends with Hermione!"

Draco's eyes widened comically as he almost choked on his eggs. "Blasted Granger!" He coughed. "We aren't friends, she hates me...and for good reason." He cleared his throat, washing down the sting in his throat.

Harry sighed, growing tired of Draco's constant need to be defensive. "I'm trying to figure out what's so different this time? Why are you so hateful? When we met at school you seemed reserved but you still were more open to change..."