19: an explanation

"You should understand, this is Kenny the ripper" I started. "If he's there he's our biggest obstacle. In terms of his threat level it's like you'll be fighting Levi. Oh wait with those weapons of his he'll be stronger". "He's unbeatable at least for us" Sasha inform us. "Maybe we should wait and meet up with other soldiers" Connie continued. "No chance in hell" Mikasa exclaimed. "Right, course not, if we wait for reinforcements then Eren might get eaten".

"You know based on what y/n just told us the odds won't be entirely in Kenny's favour" Armin explained. "You really think so?" Jean asked "yeah his squad is well trained but we have way more combat experience". "Have to ask how is it that you two lived with Kenny the ripper but know next to nothing about him? Did the 3 of you never talk?" Hange asked. I looked at Levi signaling him to explain.

"Not much, we just learned the man's last name. Don't know if you heard but it's Ackerman, might be a relative of yours" Levi said as he looked towards Mikasa. Mikasa perked her head up at this and started speaking. "I remember my parents saying that my dad's side, the Ackerman's were persecuted when they lived in the city's. My mum said her ancestors were eastern. Her families appearance made it hard for them to fit in. Both groups were chased deep in the mountains near the edge of the walls. That's how my parents met, but my father never told me why the Ackerman's were persecuted. He looked the same as all of you, so I don't think he was of a different race".

"Tell me this, have you ever suddenly felt a power awaken inside you?" Levi asked. "I have" I looked over at Levi with wide eyes and he had a very shocked expression.

"This has happened for Kenny Ackerman as well. Suddenly out of nowhere he felt an absurd amount of strength surging through him and in that moment he knew just what he needed to do. And it's happened to me to, makes me wonder" Levi explained.

This has happened to me when I met Hange but I never told anyone. One night both me and Hange were swinging through a forest and Hange lost her footing and fell. Instantly I felt a surge of energy and caught her just before she hit the ground.

We came to the chapel and went inside. After a whole lot of searching Hange found a secret door.