16: the failed operation start

The day after we got back the me, the Levi squad and Hange's squad were relocated to a small cottage. Levi told the cadets to clean while Hange's squad and him went to do something.

I just walked upstairs and finished a deep clean in mine and Levi's rooms. By the time I was done I heard the door opening.

Walking down the stairs I saw Levi walking in. He rubbed his hand under the table in the kitchen and dust fell to the floor.

Instantly I went back upstairs so I wouldn't get yelled at.

Time skip to later in the evening

Hange came back at some point and I was sitting in my room when I heard the front door slam open. Once I got down the stairs I heard Levi say that we were leaving and to make it look like we were never here.

We had finished and left just as the MP's arrived. "The government's passed down some new orders" Levi started to explain. "There's been a freeze in all scout activity outside the wall. We're to hand over Eren and Historia". "Captain I didn't have time to tell you but some MP's came to get the commander as soon as I left him" the girl who I assumed barged through the door said. "What like he's some kind of criminal?" Hange asked.

"They're bringing this fight into the open, no more working from the shadows" Levi stated. "They're going to protect the walls secrets whatever the cost. But why? What do they need Eren and Historia for? They don't want them dead so what are they planning" Hange asked herself.

"Who knows. But they want these 2 and they're not being subtle about it. Which makes lingering here even more dangerous. We'll move Eren and Historia to Trost". "We're taking them to the same place that Pastor Nick was just murdered?" Moblit asked.

What?! Pastor Nick was killed I thought to myself. "Heading to the interior would be worse, with Trost in a panic it should be easy to slip in. And if all does got to hell we can use these in the city" Levi told us while lifting up his cape a little to reveal the ODM gear.

"That's true" Armin told us. "We don't know the identity of our enemy yet. I have an idea on how we can change that. Hange I'll need you to lend me some of your squad" Levi said. "No problem, alright I'm going after commander Erwin. Moblit's with me, the rest of you are with Levi" Hange told Levi and her squad.

She then grabbed me by the waist and kissed me. "Be safe ok?" She asked me "I couldn't die even if you wanted me to" I told her and pecked her lips. Someone cleared their throat and we both looked over to see a ticked off Levi. "Hands off my sister four eyes" Levi growled. Hange swiftly let go of me and hopped on her horse.

"Cya later ok?" Hange said "you got it" I told her and then her and Moblit left.

Not long after we left with a plan. We walked through the streets casually until someone grabbed Armin and Jean or should I say "Eren and Historia".

We instantly took our perches on roofs overlooking the cart with the actual Eren and Historia on it.

Levi stationed me with the red head girl that had told us about the MP's.

After a little while Levi came down and landed next to us. "Captain, the roads crowded but we've seen nothing unusual. It's not far from commander Pixis' from here so we should be fine but how's the body double mission?" The girl informed.

"A success" Levi told us "you don't seem very pleased about that" I pointed out.
"I'm not" something must be wrong if he's not even the slightest bit happy about a successful operation. Wait it couldn't be- I started but my thoughts were cut off by the girl.

"Sir the wagons almost on the move again" "Nifa you've heard of Kenny the ripper?" Levi asked. Shit he must be thinking it too "you mean that mass murderer in the capital? You mean the one who slit the throats of over 100 MP's? Of course but I always thought he was just an urban legend" Nifa told Levi.

"The stories are all true, he's no legend" Levi informed Nifa. "Me and y/n lived with him, back when we were kids" "yeah very funny sir this isn't really the time to be making jokes".

Levi suddenly had a shocked face and we both turned around and ducked. "Nifa!!" Levi yelled but it was too late. Gunshots fired and Nifa's corpse lay Infront of me.

Both me and Levi ducked behind walls and looked at eachother with worried expressions. "Long time Levi, y/n, still runts or have you grown some?" A very familiar voice said.

"Woo woo!!" The voice yelled and suddenly a body had guns pointed at us. "Doesn't look like you've changed much at all".

"KENNY!!!!!"