4:struggle of trost p:1

(a couple years later)

Everyone got stuck loading cannons at the top of the wall at Trost district. I kinda just stood there observing all of the younger cadets and shook my head with a small smile when Sasha pulled out some meat.

Just as Sasha put the meat away a big blast of steam emanated from behind us sending us flying off the edge of the wall. My vision went black and when I opened my eyes I saw Mikasa had caught me.

I shot a line onto the wall and after we knew it was secure Mikasa let me and landed feet first on the wall.

More steam emanated from the top of the wall and when we got back to the top all we saw was Eren standing there.

"What was that?" I asked with a shocked look on my face. "The colossal titan, it appeared and disappeared just like in Shiganshina" Eren told us.

A couple seconds later garrison soldiers landed on the wall. "Look alive, operation colossal titan response is in effect. I expect you to take part, report to HQ, if you got close to the damn thing we need details" one of the garrison said. "Sir!" Me, Connie, Eren and another dude said in unison.

We headed back to HQ, people were running around in a panic as we tried to get our gear ready. I looked over to see that Armin had a bit of trouble with his gear due to him shaking so much.

I went along with Eren and Mikasa to see what was up. "Armin what's wrong!" Eren said "I- don't worry I'm fine, just give me a second to calm my nerves" Armin retaliated. "This is bad isn't it? There's a hole in the wall eight metres wide and we don't even remotely have the engineering for how to plug it. That huge boulder near the front gate was our best bet but we couldn't figure out how to hoist it place. Unless we seal the breach the entire city is as good as dead!"

"Armin!" I yelled trying to grab his attention which worked. "Calm down! We'll figure something out! For now we need to focus on keeping the citizens safe" he looked at me and he was finally able to do what he was trying to do.

"I want everyone split into four squadrons just like we practiced. All squadrons are responsible for supply running, message relay and enemy combat under the command of the garrison regiment! The intercept squadron will be taking the van guard, cadets will be in the middle guard led by the support guard! Rear guard will go to the elites! I expect you all to command your posts knowing the advanced team has been wiped out!" We all gasped in shock by what we heard. "That's right! The outer gate is history, the titans are in! This means the armoured titan is bound to reappear! If and when he does the inner gate will also be history!" We all mumbled and whispered in fear and shock until commander Shadis started telling again. "Quiet! Those in the van guard be ready, the whole area is well-nigh saturated. Your mission is a very simple one, defend the wall until the evacuations done! Now be aware all of you that desertion is punishable by execution. If it comes to it lay down your lives, dismissed!" "Sir!" We all yelled saluting.

We all started running again making final preparations before leaving. I stood in a corner until I heard my name "Ackerman, y/n, your with me you've been assigned to the rearguard on special orders, let's get moving" a man with straight blonde hair told us. Mikasa tried to get out of it but I just dragged her along with us. I find it kinda funny that I'm way older than the rest of the cadets.

We stayed at the back near all of the citizens. I spotted an abnormal running towards a group and I'm guessing Mikasa saw as well because I cut the ankles making it fall and Mikasa cut the nape.

I high fived her as I landed on the dead titan next to Mikasa. We looked over the see a cart blocking the way out. "You wanna handle this?" I asked her and she answered with "alright fine". Mikasa jumped off the titan and I flung myself back to our group.

Once Mikasa got back she said something to the squad leader and left, I followed her and we followed to the vanguard.