XII

T O M

Tom gently untangled himself from her. He strained his eyes to see what time it was.

4.45 am

Merlin- he had slept for 5 hours already. Why was he able to get such good sleep when she was around. Tom had severe insomnia and he normally would stay up all night reading or studying. It was obvious from the prominent dark circles that rested on his face. He was used to it though as it had always been this way. However, there she was- creating cracks in his 'normal' lifestyle that he was so used to. Tom walked towards the window, opening it. The fresh breeze surrounded him as he looked out to see the black lake blending in with the dark sky that had specks of silver. The moon lit up his dark room with its serene glow. He looked back to see her lying on his bed with the moonlight resting on her soft features, her shirt was riding up her thighs. She had a substantial effect on him- he hated it. After he had met her, tom hadn't been able to touch any other girl. It had to be her. With a deep sigh he got a cigarette from his table and set it alight. He brought it to his lips as he breathed out the cloudy smoke. The comfortable, burning sensation settled in his lungs.

Tom thought about everything that had happened today. He traced back his memories to what Malfoy said- 'your mum killed herself because she didn't want to live with the disappointment of having someone like you. You're waste of space and i'm glad your dad does what he does'. Tom just couldn't fathom any ideas of her past or even piece any of it together, it seemed complicated. However, he did know for certain that it affected Estelle a lot, he had never seen her so angry. Estelle had always been a confident and content person but when those words left Malfoy's lips, Tom could see that she was seconds away from doing something she regretted. This was the first  time he had seen this side of her. Moreover, Tom was the only one who noticed her obscure flinch when Malfoy mentioned her dad, it made him curious. Was she scared of her father? The clear picture of her scars were ingrained in his mind. Tom did not believe a word of Estelle's attempts to cover up the truth. Furious was a understatement when he saw the scars that littered her back. He almost lost it. Tom was about to make her tell him, so he could kill whoever did this to her (he was sure it was her father's doing). He was becoming possessive over her but he would never admit it. Tom just believed that the only reason he felt this way was because she was his to ruin.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms snake around his waist. Tom's senses were invaded with smell of warm vanilla as he could feel her cheek gently pressed against his back. "What are you doing up love?", Tom asked while he took another large breath of his cigarette before pressing it against the window sill to extinguish it.

"And why are you up Tom", she mumbled. Estelle let go of his waist and went to stand next to him by the window. They watched as the first orange hues of the sun disrupted the dark sky. Slowly as the sun took over and the black night faded, the ripples of the black lake could clearly be seen. The distant hills started to awake and the trees started to wave in the wind.

He snaked his arm around her waist once more- it was becoming a habit. She leant into him as she rested her head on him. They both gazed at the exquisite sunset that painted the sky in orange and yellow streaks of light. "Did you sleep well because you took up most of the bed- you were sleeping on me" tom mentioned with a snicker. Tom just had to tease her every chance he got.

"I did in fact sleep very well. You're very comfortable" estelle expressed with a big smile. "God i haven't slept that well in ages", Estelle admitted. Tom hummed in response. She looked up at him to meet his piercing gaze.

"Thank god it's the weekend because with your weird sleeping habits my body feels sore" Tom chuckled out. Tom of course wouldn't admit to Estelle that it was the best sleep her had gotten this week. He had too much pride.

"Yeah- i'm going to have to do all my homework over the weekend. I have so much due in on monday". Estelle decided to ignore his comment and carry on as she hadn't heard it.

"Maybe if you did it the day it was set, you wouldn't have a problem darling". Tom brushed the stray piece of hair out of her face.

"Well it doesn't matter because even if i procrastinate i still get good grades. I'm just very intelligent".

"Merlin Harper- that is very narcissistic".

"Whatever Riddle, i'm going to sneak out of here before people think we fucked. Bye - if you need me i'll be the library rushing 5 long pieces of homework". Estelle started putting on her skirt and picking up her still bloody shirt. Tom went to the door and put his hand on the frame of it, blocking her way out.

"There's a party today in the slytherin common room. Come if you want to and i don't care if you bring your friend", Tom remarked with a sinful smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

"I'll think about it. I don't think i want to spend another second with you." Estelle joked.

"I know you want to spend every second with me love". Tom declared as he moved out the way.

Estelle walked out of his room with her middle finger aimed at him. Tom watched her as she disappeared down the stairs.

Her warmth still lingered around him. She was like a drug to him.