XXVI

T O M

THANK YOU FOR THE 11K VIEWS, I'M VERY SHOCKED! UPDATE COMING SOON.

Tom walked down the arcane corridor as the cool breeze brushed against his skin. A small voice called out for him, and as a prefect he was obliged to turn around. He thought it was a lost 1st year student but instead he was met with Estelle's friend. Thank merlin he was in a good mood because he had the basilisk bound in his grips and he was consolidating his power, if not Tom didn't know if he could keep his patience intact. 

"Yes?" he said as his hand lazily brushed back his hair.

Jas looked around to see if anyone was listening. "I just wanted to give you a heads up, Estelle's birthday is tomorrow."

"And why would i want to know that?"

Jas smiled sweetly "because you like her."

Tom paused. He hadn't thought about his relationship with Estelle. He had been continuously pushing it back because it was frustrating him. One thing was for sure, Tom could never kill her with his own hands. Unlike every other filthy human being, he was reluctant about getting rid of her. He should have killed her already because she knew way too much about him, however every single time he pushed it back further. It was like she had cursed him.

Tom snapped out of his thoughts and focused back on Jas. "No i don't"

Jas stepped forward. "The way your eyes follow her everywhere she goes tells me you're lying to yourself," she whispered as she walked towards the great hall.

Tom sighed. Everything had gone downhill since he had met her. The constant headaches accompanied by the dreadful voice. He was becoming increasingly distracted. What was going on?

Instead of heading towards his original destination, Tom turned towards the direction of the defense against the dark arts room. His fast but steady steps came to a halt as he knocked loudly against the old oak door. 

Slughorn opened the door with a welcoming smile. "Ah Tom, what do i owe the pleasure."

"Hello professor. I just wanted to ask you something." Tom carried on as Slughorn nodded with a curious expression. "My friend has been unable to sleep and has been telling me that he can hear another voice in his head."

"A voice you say? I have never heard of that before. Could you tell me any more information you have?"

"Apparently it's like a dominant, external force that's trying to control him. It's just that I'm worried about him that's all." Tom gave his professor a charming smile, one that could never be suspected.

"Sorry Tom. I do not know anything about it, however if he's having trouble concentrating and sleeping, I do have a potion that will help him. Tell him that it does have serious side effects if consumed too often or of great quantity. I would normally tell the headmaster but i trust you will tell him yourself if it gets out of hand," Slughorn said while handing Tom a black, thick liquid encased in a clear bottle. 

"Thank you, professor," he said while turning back to his seat, just in time for the other students to pile in.

A hand slapped him on the back. Tom was met with a huge smile on Estelle's face. "Did you save me a seat Tommy? Aren't you the sweetest."

Tom pulled the chair out for her and pulled her arm so that she could sit down. "I guess you're the only bearable person in this class." He replied with a devilish smirk. 

"You mean i'm the only person you like in this class."

"You're not wrong." None of his followers were in his class and even if they were, Tom wouldn't say he liked them. Anyways, it was just Estelle and a bunch of irrelevant people, whom he had never bothered to talk to before. Of course, he would often throw them charming smiles, just so that they could believe he was a good person. How gullible.