XXXI

Hope you're enjoying the story. I was just wondering if the plot was going to fast and if it made sense?  Enjoy the chapter :)

E S T E L L E

She was on the sofa with her head on Tom's lap, scanning through the pages of her book in a alarming speed. "Found anything?" she asked.

Tom looked down at her. "No, there's nothing about 'special' blood or sirens blood. I don't even know where to start," he replied while pointing at the stack of books that surrounded them. It had been hours since they had started reading the stacks of books, their eyes hurt and their brains were exhausted.

"I mean we could use the tear, however i'm going to have to wait until I get home so I can use my father's memory cabinet. He bought it for 5 million galleons because he wanted to replay the memories of my mother," Estelle explained. "Although it's going to be hard to get to it, so for now this is the only option we have."

"We do go on break next week, so you'll have your chance then, however are you sure you'll be okay going back to your farther."

"What do you mean?" she whispered back.

Tom sighed as he put his book down. "I'm not fucking dumb Harper. I know there's something going on between you and your dad. Don't keep it piled up in your pretty little head or it'll explode. You can trust me."

Could she really trust him. Although she had forgiven him, she had never forgotten the harsh words he spat at her and the split second where he walked away from her. It plagued her mind and pushed her towards locking him out completely. 

No- he was here to help. He cared and she could trust him. Her thoughts went back on forth, like when fire met rain, it burnt her and drowned her breath away until she was left with nothing but doubts.

"He just gets angry sometimes because he misses my mother. I can deal with it," Estelle tried to keep it short and open. It would have worked for anyone else but not Tom.

Tom- the one she was relying on. The one she was trusting with her secrets and lies. The one she had become attached too.

She liked him. She had realised this the moment he appeared in-front of her and had saved her, taking away the darkness that was consuming her. Estelle had realised when his cold hands brushed her hair away ever so gently. 

She hadn't felt this way ever.

"Why are you talking about him abusing you like it's nothing."

How did he know? No one had noticed before... 

"I know you're strong but facing this by yourself will only hurt you more. Let me take that burden away from you love," he said with a sincere look.

With that, all her doubts shattered into pieces.

Estelle sat up with a small smile. "Because I deserve it. I'm the reason he's like this."

His expression consorted into confusion. "Why is it your fault. It's his fault. Not yours but his."

"It was because of me that my mother died. If it wasn't for me she would have been alive," she murmured while fighting back her tears. "If it wasn't for me my dad would have been happy."

"How is it your fault? she made that choice to save you. It was her choice to make and she did it to protect you. Tell me Estelle, how is it your fault." Tom grabbed her face and made her look at him. "It was never your fault. You don't deserve that treatment, especially not by your farther."