IX

E S T E L L E

She had been trying to go to sleep for hours.

 There was just too many thoughts unravelling in her head. She didn't want to admit it but a portion of it was about Tom. He had implanted himself in her mind and she hated him for it.  As the roaring of the thunder intertwined with the sound of the rain, she felt misplaced. Estelle had to clear her mind, she was drowning in her own thoughts. Estelle put on her jumper as she attempted to quietly leave her dorm without waking up Jas. As soon as the ravenclaw portrait opened she saw Tom. She rubbed her eyes in disbelief but he was still standing in-front of her.

"What are you doing here Tom?", Estelle asked looking at his unreadable expression. 

"I wanted to see you"

"What?", she quietly breathed out. Estelle didn't know if she had heard him wrong.

"Losing your ability to hear love?", Tom said with a dark chuckle. Estelle watched at he walked closer towards her. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her through the quiet corridors, while the rain was bashing against the castle walls. No one was around.

"Where are we going Tom?"

"do you like the rain?", Tom responded with another question. It was question after question when they were together, although they did have the tendency to not answer but it was just the way she liked it. She loved talking to him- he challenged her and played with her mind like no one else could. However, this certain question made Estelle's lips etch into a small smile. She decided not to respond with another question, instead she let him discover a bit about her.

"I'm a pluviophile".

With that Tom pulled her out into the courtyard where the awaiting rain crashed onto her. It was refreshing. Estelle laughed happily as she cupped her hands and felt the rain seep through her fingers. Her racing thoughts were put to a sudden halt as she could only think about Tom, who was standing right in front of her while the rain collided into them. She looked up at Tom who was looking down at her with a smirk latched on his lips. He took of his robe and threw it on the ground as the rain made his white blouse slowly transparent, which made her gape at the outline of his abs.

"You're staring darling", he remarked with a smug smile.

"Whatever- i hate you"

Tom grabbed her waist and pulled her closer as she wrapped her hands instinctively around his neck. Estelle pulled him dangerously close, so that her forehead rested on his chest. "you don't mean that", Tom stated with a dark chuckle that erupted from his throat. He leant his head forward and placed a quick kiss on her forehead, which made her press her face even more into his warm chest .

"tom".

"yes Harper"

"would you be angry if i...", before she finished her sentence Estelle quickly escaped his tight grasp on her and went to the biggest puddle she could find. She stood in front of it with a sly smirk.

He looked shocked before replacing it with a cold glare. "think about your next actions carefully, or you'll be in big trouble darling".

Tom could barely react as she jumped into the puddle with all her might and the water covered him in head to toe. He stood there for a few moments to wait for his anger to burst but nothing came, which was weird because even one small mistake could push his buttons and make him exceptionally dangerous. In his sudden fits of anger he could kill or torture someone without even blinking a eye and he could not control himself like he normally could. Tom could no longer keep his façade. This was the one thing that Tom would have thought would mess up a portion of his perfect plan and this was the one thing he hated about himself. Instead, when he heard her uncontrollable fits of laughter, Tom couldn't help but stare at her.

"run away. i'll give you exactly three seconds", Tom stated with a devilish smirk. "one"

Estelle mirrored his smirk- her competitive side was showing. "catch me if you can asshole", she said as she ran away hiding behind the line of pillars supporting the arcane walls of the castle. She calmed her erratic breaths, leaning her whole body as close to the pillar as she could. She was definitely not going to get caught, she would definitely win. Estelle could hear him counting to three, each number making her anticipate what would happen next. With Tom Riddle you could never tell what was going to happen next. He was the embodiment of mystery and darkness and with her life being laid out for her since she was born- it was peculiarly refreshing. She clasped her palm over her mouth as she heard his footsteps intertwining with the howls of the wind. Tom was getting closer.

"come out love- it'll be easier for you. i swear".

Estelle peaked her head around the corner of the pillar, trying to search for any sign of his movements but it was dead quiet, all she could hear was the rain smashing into the ground. Suddenly, she felt a presence right in front of her as the faint but intoxicating scent clouded her senses. Tom didn't say anything. He just placed both his hands behind the rough walls of the pillar she was leaning on. His hair was wet from the rain but it hung down perfectly on his forehead and of course he had his infamous smirk resting on his lips.

"I gave you a chance to run away but here you are being a good girl and waiting for me", Tom remarked while leaning in closer. 

"are you a fucking snake or something, i didn't even hear you come near me" she responded with a questioning look.

"I think you should really stop swearing Harper- you can't even go a few sentences without swearing".

"Don't be so controlling Riddle".

Tom brought his cold hand and rested is on the side of her cheek. He gently brought it down and stroked the side of her neck, sliding his finger along her collarbone. Estelle would not give him the satisfaction, so she tried so hard to stay still. Even the slightest touch from his made her shiver. "stop trying to control yourself" Tom commented.

Estelle could play the same game but she would play it better. She leaned closer to him, the space between them slowly disappearing. She brought her finger towards his adams apple and slowly traced her finger down towards his stomach and trailed the outline of his abs. Suddenly Tom grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer to him, while whispering something in her ear. "maybe i'm the one having trouble controlling myself".

Before she could respond, Tom pulled her through the corridors again until they were standing outside the ravenclaw tower. He did not say anything and walked away from her. Estelle couldn't really understand his volatile actions but she did admit he had become a more significant part in her life than she hoped

-

What Estelle didn't know was that Tom was manipulating her and playing with her in the cruelest way possible. He was bored and needed some entertainment and she had caught his eye at the perfect time. 

Tom would soon break her.