X

T O M

He was sitting in the slytherin common room with all his followers. The darkness surrounded them as the only source of light was the green blazing fire. Tom was reading a book while his followers were all bickering about something not worth his time. Merlin- they could be smart sometimes but seeing them act like this made him reconsider. He flipped over the page as information about soul mates came up, which reminded him of what Slughorn said in class. Tom reminded himself that it was not possible for a child conceived under the love potion to love someone, however he gave into his curiosity and started to read the page.

'Soulmates are two people who are deeply connected together and it's hard to deny or suppress emotions when it comes to this specific person. The stars bound these two people together, making sure that if someone is lucky enough to meet them, it would be impossible to forget. Most significantly, even a child born under the love potion can feel something when it comes to their soulmate, although it's rare for people to meet their soulmate as it's all up to fate.'

Tom flipped the page but there was nothing more. He realised that there was a lack of information about soulmates due to the low chance of meeting your 'fated one'. Perhaps it was all a myth. His thought process was suddenly halted when his follower asked him a question.

"It's christmas soon, would you like to stay with me my lord", Dolohov asked with a small smile.

Tom had already decided to go meet his wretched 'family' this christmas break, he was wondering what type of expression they would each hold before he killed them all. Well he wouldn't kill them until he was satisfied with how long they had been tortured. He had been able to easily obtain this information about them through one of the professors, he just had to act like his studies were slipping because of his want to meet his family. After that he erased the professor's mind so that no one would be able to trace it back to him.  How stupid. It was obvious that they wouldn't let their favorite student's grades drop. Hence, he didn't need a place to stay for the first half as he would be preoccupied with more significant things, however this wasn't the case for the second half of Christmas break. Tom was sure that he would get bored or too angry at his supposed family and end up killing them all in the space of a few days, so he decided to accept Dolohov's proposition. "I have things to do in the first half- i will be joining you in the second half of the break though", Tom replied, lifting his hips up to adjust himself in his seat.

"There will be a ball at my manor near the end of the break, it would be great if you could come", Avery suggested.

Tom nodded to Avery's comment as he could expand his influence to powerful wizarding families. It would help him in his quest for absolute power. Although Tom didn't regard his followers as 'friends' he was grateful for their loyalty because it would be a hassle if he had to control or torture all of them to keep them in line. Tom could use them how ever much he wished and they would oblige to all his rules. Like always he was two steps ahead of everyone. The somehow peaceful atmosphere was disturbed when Malfoy walked in. Merlin- Tom really hated that son of a bitch and he really wanted to kill him but he had a mutual relationship with Malfoy's father who gave him his support, so Tom could not afford to act rashly. Tom had promised himself that once he had enough authority, he would crucio Malfoy a hundred times- tom would enjoy every second of it.

One day Tom wouldn't have to suck up to other people and manipulate them. One day with just the sound of his name, people would either shake in fear or look up to him and pledge their utter most loyalty. Once he achieved ultimate power- he would finally be happy. Well that's what he thought because he had never felt pure happiness before, however Tom believed if he achieved his greatest ambition he would finally achieve 'happiness'. He would not have to lift a finger and he would have everyone at his disposal. No one would be able to take advantage of him like they used to. The young vulnerable boy was no longer here.