I

E S T E L L E

The rain was pouring outside.

The sound of the rain hitting the window was ambient. Tracing the water droplets running down the window with her fingers, she leant her head against the cool glass. One of her hands were tightly clasped around her book as she looked outside to see almost nothing but grey clouds and distant hills. It was calming. 

The welcome feast was over and she had a prefect meeting to attend in ten minutes. Her strides were slow because she knew she was going to arrive to early. Estelle let her eyes wander around the corridors like they always did. The ceilings were high with intricate designs engraved in the stone, it was a hidden, arcane beauty. She was about to turn the corner when she bumped into something hard, a gasp escaped her lips as she massaged her temples with her fingers. Looking up she saw him-Tom Riddle. A scowl was displayed on his face while he looked down at her, it made her roll her eyes in disbelief. 

'it's your fault as well idiot'

It was amusing how he wasn't bothering to hide his displeasure like he normally did. Estelle knew he had created such a perfect image but there he was looking like he wanted to kill her- what a complete idiot. He probably thought he had everyone wrapped around his finger but she could see right through his façade. Estelle had to admit that he was good at hiding his true intentions, she even had a hard time trying to guess what he was thinking and she was amazing at reading people. Every time she remotely looked in his direction she could always see the flock of girls that surrounded him. Yes- he was attractive. His brown wavy hair that naturally hung down framing his face; his sharp dark eyes that you could just fall into; his defined jawline paired with his perfect chiseled body and the aura of darkness that surrounded him. This was enough to make any girl swoon, but not her. She wasn't wrapped around his finger like he probably expected, she saw right through him. 

 He was the devil is disguise.

"You should look where you're going", he sneered with a look of pure disgust.

"I could say the same to you" she bit back.

He looked shocked for a slight second before replacing it with his infamous smirk.

'ugh fuck off you fuckboy', Estelle thought as she grimaced at his smirk that prided itself on his lips.

Estelle knew he was surprised at her response.

She leant against the wall, crossing her arms over her chest while she looked at him with a raised eyebrow. No- she wasn't scared, more like annoyed that he thought he was the best. Estelle knew she was better than him. Hence, she wanted to see how far she could push him before he snapped and would show her what he was really like.

"Who even are you?", Tom questioned her with a dangerous glint in his eyes. From the way his eyes bore into hers, she knew that he was calculating her movements but so was she.

"Why doesn't the marvelous Tom Riddle find out", she emphasized his name and she was glad she did so. His hands balled up in his pockets, he was grabbing his wand and she knew how much he wanted to hex her, or even use a unforgivable curse on her. However, she wasn't scared, she wasn't scared of him at all.

"You're a prefect", he sneered while looking down at the dark blue badge on her robes, his lips curling up into a devilish smirk. 

Estelle was sorted into Ravenclaw. She had all the characteristics of a Ravenclaw, her extensive intellect, her adoration for books and finally her thirst for knowledge.  

"Thank you for stating that, it's not like I knew that", Estelle said while rolling her eyes. "And we're going to be late because of you", she popped her lips when she said 'you' and his angered reaction made a smirk tug at the corner of her lips.

She walked past him with a satisfied smile plastered on her face - one point to me she thought. Opening the door, the other prefects looked at her and she was about to greet them when she could feel Tom behind her. She wanted to play with him a bit more.

"Sorry for being late, Tom wanted to talk to me about something", Estelle said while suppressing a laugh from his forced smile. She winked at him and of course no one saw because they were all looking at him, she could see that this angered him more.

"I expected better from both of you" sighed the head boy

"Yes sorry about that I needed to ask her about something", Tom smoothly said as he sat down in-front of her.

The meeting was far too boring for her liking and she knew all the information already, why were they saying it again? One phrase that fell from the head girl's lips made her sit up, she finally started concentrating. "Head-master Dippet has decided to try to get the houses to interconnect more, so prefect rounds will be with a different house".

A list of name were called until there was only two names left.

"Estelle and Tom".

She had to spend two nights a week patrolling with that bastard, she hated even the thought of it. Her face ghosted a grimace before she looked up to Tom who had a sinful smirk on his face. she just decided to ignore him. In that moment there was a silent agreement, they were going to see who broke first. Estelle was sure she was going to win, Tom also thought he was going to win. It was a race to see who could break the other first. 

She finally said goodbye to all the other prefects while walking towards the Ravenclaw tower, just to her luck he was standing there. Tom looked rather amused, she knew he was planning something. His eyes had almost a red glint in it, his dangerous aura surrounded him like a black mist. He was suffocating.

"Estelle Harper, am I correct", his deep voice vibrated through the deserted corridor.

"Well done, Tom", she knew he hated it when people called him by his name, especially just his first name. She had observed him from afar because she had to admit he was a challenge and she for one loved challenges. Estelle knew he hated his name because of the way his lips dropped a bit before being replaced with his normal, forced smile. He hands would clench slightly around his wand. He severely hated it. She gave him a sarcastic smile, her eyes looked up at him and met his awaiting dark irises. Estelle saw so much hatred laced within them that she almost felt bad. Almost.

"You really are something aren't you", he paused for a bit letting his eyes rake over her, "We're in a deserted hallway and I might as well hex you" his words skipped a beat before he carried on with a whisper only she could hear "or... maybe kill you". Those words slipped out of his mouth smoothly, it was normal to him. She wasn't frightened though, no, she wanted him to see that he couldn't have the whole world under his thumb.

She stepped towards him, letting a smirk rest on her face. "Do it and see what happens and plus you would never kill someone with such a pretty face" she taunted him while she spun her wand around her fingers, "goodnight Tom" she said without even letting him get another word in. She spun around heading towards her original destination as she chuckled.

She had left him gaping, which gained her another point, two zero to me she thought happily.

She was going to push him further and further until he would break.

So that was the first chapter! Please tell me if you have any criticism because this story is for you guys and I will gladly improve it. Thank you.