Chapter 34

Zhavi's POV

My daughter today may have been acting strangely but I won't say it wasn't nice to have someone to train with me using my powers.

She's stronger, more confident and she has this energy radiating off of her that I can't quite piece together.

Although it does still bother me how she was so different this morning and the things she said make her seem scary.

Shane may not have showed it but he loved how she put everyone in their places, especially Vlad. Zafirah on the other hand kept mocking me about how my daughter could block her but I don't know how.

Although I wish I could because she can't help herself trying to get inside people's heads.

Shane and I are still not speaking. Or more like I am not speaking to him. I hated the way he handled discovering about Wynter's mate. It wasn't rational and he was being overly dramatic.

Part of me got bothered when he said he was a murderer. I know I'm years way too late for this but is that how he thought of me? If he was able to dismiss what I had done then who's to say we can't give Arseni a chance?

I am not happy about his age but this is about what Wynter wants and she made it clear she wasn't to be separated from her mate. I'm happy if she's happy and I'm okay if he doesn't hurt my daughter because then I will personally kill him.

"How long are you going to be mad at me for pecas?" Shane speaks breaking me out of my thoughts.

"As long as I can." I give him a brief answer.

"I said I was sorry. Wynter forgave me." He says.

"Wynter's been saying a lot of unusual things today and also I don't care." I say.

"Even if I touched you?" He says.

"Try me."

Suddenly I felt that familiar feeling as if there's a source of danger. I gasp when I see Quincy's red eyes indicating she was pissed looking down at what looked to be a half human half wolf person. She looked to my direction then I was back to reality.

"Pecas? Baby what did you see?" Shane tries to shake me from my shock.

"Quincy." I say and get off the bed.

"What?" Shane asks looking confused

"I think Quincy might be in trouble or is going to be. I can feel she isn't in her right mind Shane." I say.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She was with a half shifted man." I say.

Shane looked at me in disbelief. Before he could say more words, he looked at the wall.

"Can you hear that?" He asks.

"Hear what?"

"Growling." He says leaving the room in a hurry, I follow behind him in my pyjamas. Shane lead us to the children's quarters.

On our way we see our hallway had dents on the walls indicating there was a fight. I heard growls from downstairs and Shane went there. I followed.

When we get there, I saw more broken walls and some steps on the stairs. And blood...

This lead us to Quincy's room. The closer we got the more growls there were and we ran faster.

We got to Quincy's hallway and the growls were coming from her room, they were malicious. Before we could get close, something was thrown out hitting the wall causing us to halt.