Chapter 23

Arseni's POV

Before my mate with Nikita and her friend showed up, I ensured to ask Ekaterina to go easy on her. Ekaterina may be all dresses and make up but she is deadlier than she seems. With two centuries of training, she knows a lot of moves and knows how the opponent's mind work.

She may not be a better fighter than me but she is better than Alyona, Nikita and Mila. It's mostly the reason why they hate her. She doesn't like fighting because she hates being dirty but her parents believed she would be mated to me so she had to be trained just like my mother.

I may not know how Shane trained his daughter but I know that an 18 year old cannot beat somone like Ekaterina. I asked Eriks to be a referee because if I am, I know I might end up attacking Ekaterina once Wynter starts to lose. I'm not underestimating her but nothing of hers screams she can even fight.

I'm surprised at her choice of weapon, a machete is smaller than swords. I keep checking Shane and Zhavi's expression, Shane doesn't seem to fear in fact he seems calm of the situation. Zhavi looks to be indifferent, she shows no emotion. Everyone else seems anxious, even her brothers.

"Fight!" Eriks calls out leaving the floor to them. Immediately after that word my Lycan gets alert. I will tear down this damn cage if I have to.

Ekaterina runs to Wynter, I'm surprised when Wynter doesn't run to her until she was close enough which was when she flipped and landed right behind her. As if she was prepared for the move, Ekaterina turns bringing the sword on her right hand to Wynter who dodges it and blocks her left. That's a good start but it doesn't mean she will last.

Ekaterina unexpectedly brings a kick on to Wynter's back causing her to hit the ground. This caused half of us to stand with our guards up. Shane was also on his feet but Zhavi remained emotionless.

Ekaterina's foot was about to collide with Wynter who dodged it and flipped her body so she was on her feet. I didn't notice when she picked up her machetes on the ground.

Ekaterina sends another sword which Wynter blocked. The continue fighting like that making it hard to notice who was beating who. Wynter throws one of her machetes in the air which distracted Ekaterina for a second which she used to bring her to one knee and caught the machete putting it on her neck.

Ekaterina says something to her then in less than a minute one of Wynter's weapons is sent flying in the air away from her reach.

"Give up!" Ekaterina shouts.

Wynter seemed to be angry at this and stands at a fighting stance with her one blade. Ekaterina attacks her but Wynter used her mind when she used her blade to block than attack and attack her using her hands. She was able to remove her swords leaving Ekaterina defense less and all of us shocked. Or I am shocked because her mother only wears a smirk.

"There's nothing I despise more," My mate says her voice confident and strong. She throws her machete away. "Than someone who talks too much." She says going for a punch.

Her punches were graceful and fast, but Ekaterina was able to dodge all of them. They fought for a while causing everyone to get anxious. The fight didn't seems to go anywhere. None of them were giving up, they are compatible opponents. One with strength and the other uses speed.

Wynter started fighting with her legs more than fists which is something Ekaterina was probably not familiar of which is why now she started losing. They were able to kick each other at the same time sending them opposite ways. Wynter being Futher considering Ekaterina's kick was probably stronger. They were quick to get back on their feet and rushing at each other again. They both now understand that none of them is weaker than the other. I shouldn't have underestimated Wynter.