Chapter 12

Arseni's POV

Eriks hasn't been back from my mate and I've been waiting impatiently for him. I want to know everything.

I smell him in the other room informing me of his return. He smells like her, I hate another male having my mate's scent on him. He better not have hugged my mate.

"We need to talk." He says the moment he enters the room. What's got him all heated. He pours a glass of whiskey and gulps it down in one sip.

"What did the Vampire girl reject you? You should've expected it." I say calmly while I laid back even further on my chair.

"No, this isn't about Quincy or me. This is about you saying shitty things to your mate and you went out of line this time." What is he talking about?

"What are you on about brother?" I say now interested in knowing what he is mad about.

"No brother of mine emotionally abuses his mate like that." He says looking at me in the eye as if he is challenging me.

"So you're saying you question my decisions? With my mate?" I say lifting one of my eyebrows.

"No Arseni. I'm questioning the way you're treating our future Queen." And he had to pull that care on me.

"You know very well I need to keep her at a distance Eriks." Him trying to guilt trip me for protecting my mate is the last straw.

"But I know it's not necessary to say she is nothing compared to Mila. I don't blame her for hating Mila now. She didn't say that but her friend did." If I know anything about my mate, it's that she wouldn't just tell anyone about things that hurt her so it's expected she didn't say that.

"I had to make her hate me. I don't like saying those things to her because it's fucking me up too and you have no right to come here and reminding me that!" Him saying those things pissed me off because he should understand more than anyone else.

"Right, not too long ago you were willing to fuck Ekaterina for the rest of your life just because you lost one female that wasn't even your mate and you didn't even want her. You never cared about Wynter to begin with." He did not just go that low.

"Maybe, but unlike you I'm actually trying not to get my mate killed." As expected lunged on top of me throwing a punch the collided with my eye. Fuck!

I pushed him off trying to get my vision back and once I felt like I can see again, I attacked him too. He can't say anything about Yahida when he fucked up just like I did.

We continue fighting and breaking everything that was around us. We pushed each other and both hit the walls. When we both ran and met halfway, the floor felt like it was cracking then the next thing you know we both fell to the next room but he never stopped. His Lycan was present and he was fuming at my words. Good, I feel the same way.

I hadn't noticed the others were around until I felt someone holding my arms.

"Stop! Stop this! What is wrong with you two?" Alyona was the one to stand in-between us whilst Andrei was holding me back and Viktor was Holding Eriks.

"You have a second chance but you fail to use your damn head!" Eriks shouted which made my wolf angry at the disrespect.

"Watch your words Eriks." I say coldly.

"We need to calm down and solve this our house is falling apart because of you two." Nikita says her voice calm yet with authority. She is not one to get mad rather quickly but when she does it's hard to convince her to calm down.

"I don't know if this might be a bad timing but the Queen called me this morning." Mila says catching our attention.

"What? What did she say?" I say now my anger faded.

"There's been attacks at the palace and they need us there. Also they want us to make sure there aren't any threats by the time the Verlice family's visit next week." She says.

The Verlice family is the royal wolf family. They are the leaders to wolves while we are stronger, they are not completely under us since we are a different species but just superior. We've been planning a meeting for years to see the new Queen who is rumoured to be powerful and a fearless fighter. As any other Lycan, I was attracted to her when I heard about her, Shane knew very well to keep her away from us as much as he could since he had various reasons not to meet her. One was her pregnancy on their first mating.

He knows Lycans are not afraid to challenge him into taking his mate because a powerful mate is everything. This time we get to meet them and his other children, rumours have it that one of their children remains a mystery because she is like her mother but worse. I am looking forward to this.

My father and my mother not being true mates also poses as a threat to him as my father can find attraction towards his mate. I would be trying my luck too if I hadn't met my angelic mate.

"When will that be?" I ask Mila.

"They booked us a private flight for tonight, we need to be there as soon as we can." Maybe this is something big.

"Whatever." Eriks says getting out of Viktor's grasp and heading upstairs again. At least we still have a staircase.

I don't want to go back to Russia because I know my parents are going to find every way to make us stay. Drake is fucking making it hard to live too.

I need to see my mate. I need a major distraction.

I drove to school and on my way I see Ilari and his girlfriend once we stopped on the red light. They don't see me though so I'm going to act like I don't see them. I'm going to see his sister so I need to get him out of my way and in case he will go to her too, I need to make sure he goes first before me.

I want to talk to her and I know she doesn't want to talk to me but at this moment, I need to apologize to her before I go back to Russia. This has gone for too long and I can't do it anymore.

When I made sure that Ilari was out of my sight, I made my way to her room in block 2. I heard girls giggling inside and I fought the urge to go back. I'll just have to ask her to come out or they leave, either way I'm talking to her. What I like about her is that she obeys me, or else I think she does.

I knock firmly on the door and when the noise starts to fade, my heart starts beating so fast I had to take a deep breath. Am I nervous? Fuck, now she's making me nervous. I don't know what this woman is doing to me.

The door opens and I am met with blue eyes, the girl just eyes me from up and down without a word. I raise my eyebrow waiting for her to finish eye fucking me.

"She's not here, I'm sorry. Your friend came here, and I told him her brother moved her to block five." She says crossing her arms. I just nod and when I'm about to turn around she grabs my arm, my Lycan gets agitated from the touch. It took every little bone in me not to turn and block her airways.

"But we could have some fun, I did see her and her friend carrying some baggage and leaving." Leaving? As much as I want to ask more. I'd rather not.

"Don't ever touch me." I say and she lets go. I leave to go to the other block. Why would she leave and where did she go? If Ilari's here. Maybe he was taking her to the airport. If I had a civilized conversation with Eriks, I would've known.

When I got to block 5 I followed her scent, it was still a little fresh but not enough. It indicated she was no longer here. Great I missed my mate. This is going to be the longest 3 weeks of my life.

~
Hey honey buns. I hope you liked the chapter, let's go see what happens next.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Ciao 💕