Chapter 27

Arseni's POV

"Give me a reason not to throw you across the room right now." I gritted the words through my teeth.

This young and pathetic excuse of a future Alpha is telling me to reject my mate?! His damn future Queen! He is lucky that Wynter loves him or else my Lycan would've tore him apart.

"I have a reason. My whole family just had a huge fight because my father hates you with a passion. This caused him to even ask her to choose between us and you. Of course now she feels betrayed as if we are trying to take her away from what her soul wants which is her mate. But then again Wynter is only 18, she hardly knows anything about life and if you really cared about her, you would let her try and figure herself out before she has to commit to a centuries old lycan." He says.

I hate to admit he's not wrong. Reality is that she's still very young and very naïve. I don't want to bring her into this world, physically she may be strong but I've seen emotionally she's fragile. I wouldn't want her to have to choose between someone she just met and the people that love her most.

"I care about Wynter and I don't expect neither you or your father to understand. I'd do anything to keep her out of harm's way and that's why I distanced myself from her because I have enemies that will try to kill her." I say.

"Well my family can protect her. We have enemies that are probably planning to take her and my mother away too and we've dealt with them well so far." He says.

"No Ilari. Your family may be magical and good fighters but this is a man with more than 30 Lycans and possibly packs of wolves along with witches on his side. You wouldn't stand a chance." I say. "That's if..." I trail off because I'm not sure if this is the best decision or what.

"That's if?" He says urging me to finish my sentence.

My eyes wondered on my desk as the very bad idea dances in my head. Part of me is telling me that I would never survive it, the other part wanting to keep my eresthai safe. I gave a sigh to the words I was about to say.

"That's if they don't know she's my mate. It's a long shot and my Lycan and I will probably go insane but if no one knows who she is to me then they won't come after her. I'd make sure they don't. I guess your proposal is the best option." I say resting my back on my chair.

"So what I'm hearing is you will reject her? For her safety?" He is too eager about this and is making me regret it.

"I'm not going to do that but I do want her to go home as soon as she can and away from me. Rejection is crucial, neither will my Lycan or her wolf can handle that. I'll only wait until she's ready." I say.

"Ready for what? To be with you? That's not the, option I was suggesting." He says.

"I'm soon to be king Ilari, whether I like it or not my need for my mate will only grow stronger nor am I going to take an order from a wolf. You know very well if I took that Chrystal princess from you, you would tear this place apart." I say and wait for his reaction.

"Fine then. We can keep her until she's old enough to rule by your side. Do we have a deal then?" He extended his hand to me.

"We have a deal." I say. 

He would've been a great addition to our team if he wasn't a wolf, especially the Prince. He is very headstrong and knows exactly what he wants. He puts the people he cares about before anything. He has qualities of a good leader.

After he left, my mind was mixed with all kinds of thoughts about my mate. I know I have been given a second chance with the most amazing being I have ever set my eyes on, but does she feel the same? Part of me feels way to skeptical about this.

Everyone who heard me saying Wynter is my mate is by far trustworthy except for one. Ekaterina

With that thought I made my way to the guests wing. It's already been an hour since I saw my mate, I'm barely holding on to my Lycan. I'm afraid of her meeting with anyone of those rogues out there.

Deciding this is stupid I turned before I went to the guest wing and went to my chambers instead. I definitely am not in the mood for Ekaterina.

I was there for a full 20 minutes keeping watch by the window, waiting for my mate to show up but she doesn't. I heard a knock on my door, before I could ask myself who the hell wants to see me right now. The string perfume answered my question. Great exactly what I need right now.

I stayed seated and try to think whether I should open the door or not. I don't really want to.

"I know you're in there Arseni we need to talk." Ekaterina says on the other side.

I roll my eyes removing myself from my seat. I opened the door to see her wearing a dress and heels that almost made her as tall as me. Almost. She looks groomed and clean, with her hair tied up and all that make up she always tries to perfect.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I say leaning on my door frame.

"Yes actually, can I come in?" She says.

"What you can't talk while you're standing there?" I asked her sarcastically.

"I just need to talk to you in private Arseni, is that too much to ask?"

Sighing, I opened my door further to let her in. She struts in my room like she owns the place, she's never slept here nor will she ever sleep in my chambers.

"What do you want?" I asked crossing my arms. She looks at me sitting on the edge of my bed cross-legged.

"You." She answers calmly.

"Let me rephrase that. What do you want that you can actually have?" I say.

"I'm not asking. The counsel has never allowed anything else other than a wolf to take the throne and once they hear about your little mental hybrid mate. It's going to cause a lot of ruckus especially after Yahida." She says.

"My mate is not a hybrid and you, you have no right to threaten me. You and the damn throne can go fuck themselves. You're lucky I'm not letting Wynter deal with you." I say, my anger was getting peaked.

"She wouldn't get another chance!" I walk over the balcony again to keep watch. Ekaterina follows me and stands behind me.

"I'm not trying to threaten you baby. I'm just trying to show you that I can take care of you more than that pathetic, psychotic daddy's girl." She says her hands making their way to my body.

In quick motion I had her pinned against the wall. I towered over her as my hand was holding both of hers above her head. "Never speak of my mate like that." She looks frightened for a minute until she smiles at me as if enjoying the position we were in.

"Oh Arseni baby. You have no idea of the things I could do for you.  Why don't I show you right now?" She says her voice sounding seductive.

At a moment of trying to make her fear me she decides to sexualise it. She doesn't understand the seriousness of situation.

"The only thing I need you to do for me is keep your mouth shut. Or I'll do it for you." I say.

"You can't silence me love." She's says.

I moved closer to her ear.

"Trust me, I really can." I say in a more appalling tone.

When I let her go I expected her to be scared or annoyed but she was amused. I didn't want to condone her presence anymore so I kick her out.

"Leave before I do something I'm going to regret." I say. She actually followed my orders this time and left without a word.

Another obstacle in my damn life.

........

Hey readers. Hope you're enjoying the story.

Don't forget to vote and comment