Chapter 29

Wynter's POV

People had just had a fight on whether my mate and I will be separated for a few years and they hadn't come to an agreement yet. I don't want to intervene because it looks like a them type of situation.

"Listen Shane, whenever you feel paranoid we could always come back and check on her. At least we will get a few years with her okay? Please do this for her." Mom pleads.

"You obviously won't stop fighting will you?" Dad says directing the question to Arseni.

"As long as I still live." He says.

"Fine. But she will decide when she wants to come back after college." Dad says.

"Fair enough." Arseni agrees.

Wow I thought this would take the whole day. I guess it's time for me to speak.

"Are you done?" I ask them.

"What do you think of the decision Wynter?"Aunt Zafirah asks.

"Thank you for asking Aunt Zafirah. And to answer that, no. It's not happening." I say.

"What do you mean no?" Ilari asks.

"Ilari, yesterday I got the news from my parents about my mate which I would have never thought possible. It made me realize I know nothing of him and it hurt to know why that is." I look into Arseni's eyes. He wanted to say something but let me continue instead. "He pushed me away and never tried getting to know me. He just assumed I'm a spoilt, naïve and fragile little teenage girl. I am surprised that even my brother took that path because now you just had an agreement about a decision that I should have a say in but it doesn't look that way." I continued.

Everyone's attention was solemnly on me and they let me speak everything I wanted to say.

"Then I thought deeper and found out you all have a thing in common in this room. You see me how he sees me and that is the reason why we are all here.
Something happened last night and I am not speaking of the fact that I saw my mate in close proximity with Ekaterina, no." I say looking at Arseni who's face looked of shock. I never missed the glares he got.

"I am talking about when I went to the woods. I told Quincy to go back because it was too much to bear this time and I couldn't afford her being hurt because of me. The difference this time is that, I wasn't sad or heartbroken instead I was mad because my powers always try to take over and control me but everyone else in my life does the same so I'm not safe from reality, I'm not safe inside my head too because I constantly have to fight and prove myself.

I let my powers take over. I expected so many horrifying things but instead of that I started to feel powerful. It's as if the fire inside of my heart was dissolved, became frozen. From then I stopped feeling. The anger vanished but something else started to grow. " I say letting my eye colour change from brown to blue. I could feel the energy getting greater.

Aunt Zafirah and mom both faced each other and then back at me.

"A certain source of power started traveling through my veins and into my head then I saw it. I saw myself as the powerful being that has been given purpose. Purpose to cancel all of this feud between all these species whether we will be civil about it or I have to force you and Moon Goddess knows I am giving none of you an option." I finished my speech.

The room was dead silent. I get up from my seat feeling taller than all these 6+ ft people in the room. I lifted my open hand as I channel the energy from my body then I closed it. As my palm closed all doors and windows closed.

"Is that telekinesis?" Autumn asks.

"Father, I know you better than anyone and I know you want only what's best for me but what we are not going to do is you taking control of my life." He doesn't say anything nor does he seem mad at my statement.

"Mother, you have been trying to protect me from my powers but you are just like everyone else, holding me back because you're overprotective.

Ilari, I am petty mad at you because I always tell you not to intervene so you are in the dog house." I tell my brother and then I turn to my mate.

"Arseni, you gave me a wrong impression about you and I don't know which one is the right one yet but I know you are also trying to protect me, but stop trying.

King and Queen Antanov, not much to say Vlad but stop eye fucking my mother and be a damn King and Sophia honey no one is marrying my mate but me so focus on your husband and not your son's relations." She wanted to say something but she doesn't.

"Even if you are going to be mad at me, Quincy telling everyone about your relationship with Eriks is better than sooner or later goes for Autumn and Mila too." After I say that there were gasps and complaints in the room.

"Be quiet!" I says slamming my hand on the table. "I am not finished."

"Okay daughter of mine that is in control." Mom says sarcastically. "Holden will never approve of that and I'm sure he will be bad at us for bringing his daughter to this." She continued.

"That's not up to him." I reply.

"Aunt Zafirah, you are here because I know I still need training with my powers and only you and Mom can help so yeah. Everyone in this room matters to me whether you like me or not but you matter to the people I love. In other words I will fight by your side and I will protect you as much as you want to protect me that includes you Ekaterina, mostly because I'd rather kill you myself." I say then the doors open slowly.

"That's all I needed to say to you so you can think about it clearly but I am not joking. You, King Vlad will call up a meeting which will include all species' Royals with the new change." I say.

"And if I say no?" Vlad challenged.

"I'll make you." I say sweetly and them proceed in exiting the room.

I made my way upstairs because I wanted or I was hoping Arseni would follow me or he will find me in his room sooner or later. My wolf needs him close but I don't think I can be that close to him in front of my family. I may be what I am still but I respect my parents and I know they still don't approve of this so I guess it's better in secret.

I heard footsteps behind me and a rather familiar scent. I couldn't help the small smile on my face. He said nothing just following me until we were in his room. That was when the door closed...

..............

Hey readers! Hope you're enjoying the story. It's getting pretty heated now. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Don't forget to vote and comment! Xoxo