Chapter 16

Arseni's POV

I could just feel today is going to be one shitty day, the only good thing that would come to it is meeting Queen Zhavi, other than that I don't want no ball. I am sitting on my throne next to my mother and next to her is my father, they seem to be talking about something but all I'm focused on is all these people dancing and chatting stupid things.

"Why don't you take someone to dance son? I'm sorry Ekaterina couldn't make it." My mother says.

"That's okay." I say not bothering to answer her question.

Suddenly the music stops and we all look upstairs. The Herald starts introducing the King and follows the Queen. She turns out to be the most gorgeous caramel girl I've ever seen. Forgive me, I meant to say woman, she's not like my mate though but she is beautiful. Her brown hair was in a bun and that nude dress complemented her skin and brown eyes perfectly. She holds a calm face as if everything in her life is going the way she wants it to. You could see from a mile away she is a strong woman who looks like she has a soft body.

While I was completely captured by the woman I hadn't noticed the next names were called until I saw someone I least expected to see. Ilari, and his mate. He is the future King? That's why I felt a strong energy from him. If he is here that could only mean...

"The second son of the Verlice family, Autumn Verlice with his twin Sister Wynter Verlice and a family friend, Miss Quincy Black." The Herald says and Autumn steps forward.

My whole vision starts to blur when I saw my mate up there, in that dress, her hair, her...damn.

My Lycan wanted to remove her hand from Autumn, brother or not he is touching what is mine.

Her face is calm but you can see the nervousness in her looking around though at first she looked to be distracted. She seemed taller and much more matured than she usually looks. Her short legs were cute in shorts and small sundresses but they are sexy in this evening gown.

Her hair is styled back and gelled, what pissed me off was the way the males were looking at her. She and her friend made sure to take all the attention didn't they? Because how can you not look at her she's gorgeous. She was supposed to be mine. She is supposed to be mine but I ruined that.

I spent the whole week looking at her sketchbook. I feel better whenever I smell it and even holding it close to me reminded me of her. I want to know so much about her and I want to know the drawings. She has something deeper than just me and her and she's good at hiding it.

When they were introducing each other, my eyes were on her as was hers on me. I didn't miss the way she was looking at me, as much as I wanted to tease her for it, I made sure not to show anything. I know Ilari is no fool and something tells me Zhavi is no fool either. I've met Shane too even when he was a kid and he is still as arrogant as ever. I have to give it to him, he makes a good baby girl. He never liked me because of my past, he will have to now.

I noticed one of our guards Damin coming to speak to me.

"Eriks would like to see you sir." I nod and tell him I'll be there.

I give them some excuse that something has come up and left, it took everything in me not to look at my mate.

When I got to my room, I removed my tie pouring a strong liquid into my cup. The burning sensation felt good, I am too used to it for it to be unbearable now.

"I think they look lovely." Nikita says smiling in her silver silk dress.

"Sure." I say trying to keep it brief. They don't know yet and they won't know till I'm ready.

"Have you seen Alyona?" Viktor says entering the room.

"Try the asking the bartender." I leave and go out for some needed air.

"I'll go ask for a dance." Eriks says

When the cold air of the night hits my skin, my body intsantly relaxes and I enhance my vision to look at how the guards were doing at their jobs and so far no one was slacking off.

I stayed there for a good 15 minutes until I heard a door close not too far from where I was, probably the front entrance. I ignore it until I caught her scent. I didn't want to talk to her, but my wolf made me go to her. Okay I did but I know she didn't want to talk to me.

"Trouble in paradise." I say as soon as I get close enough for her to hear me.

She tenses at my voice, she might've been able to keep her cool and not get startled but her heartbeat was racing.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I say looking at the scene that she also watches.

"Mmhh don't talk much. I guess we have something in common?" I say. She looks at me with an angry face.

"I'm sorry for intruding, I'll be leaving." She says turning around.

I grab her arm before she leaves, the sparks felt from the touch made me and Lycan go crazy. Now that dress looks way too tight, she would look better without it.

She also stopped and stared at our skin contact before she roughly removed her hand from me.

"You can say whatever you want, but don't you dare touch me. " She says her voice bold and more confident than before. It seems like she is a whole different person.

"I just want to talk to you Wynter."I say hoping she would give me a chance.

"Let me guess, you want me to stay away from your family, or better yet get the first flight to America. I gladly will do it." She says crossing her arms. I found her obeying cute but this, this is hot.

"You're putting words in my mouth, Malayshka." I say softly which she picked up judging by the confusion on her face.

I don't say anything and neither does she and she stares at me for a moment and I stare back. Her eyes are alluring and she doesn't even notice. My hand started to get itchy as my eyes further down to her chest. I know I'm way past touching her but if she gave me a chance...

"Enjoying yourself?" She caught me by surprise when she said that. Damn I got lost there.

"That dress is breathtaking." I say the words that have been wanting to come out ever since I saw her.

"Tell me something Arseni, what is your definition of your perfect mate?" She says looking at a distance. Her expression showed she didn't care about my complement and she just wanted to leave.

Fuck! My mate hates me.

~

Hey honey buns! Here's another chapter for my buns let's find out what's next shall we?

Don't forget to vote and comment. Xoxo