Chapter 8

Wynter's POV

After seeing Ilari, I asked him the favour of convincing my parents not to have a girl that talks sexual things about him in my room. He agreed and was thinking about that night of the party, I had a little interrogation as expected.

I was happy to know they're are both okay and I haven't touched or hurt them. It's been a few days if not a week since I talked to them. Some days I don't see anyone because I need some me time. I found myself staring at my mate more than I should.

The way I was unbothered by him before was short-lived and now I think about him constantly. His words hurt everyday mixed with Autumn's. I dream about him, at least it's good things now but I'm not sure if that's good. My sketchbook is filled with his face, everytime I page through it and see him, it seems to calm me and my wolf. I guess I found a coping mechanism. It's not as enough though but it's something. I feel so vulnerable because I spend most times trying to convince myself he had a reason for those words and that he didn't mean them. I shouldn't be trying to defend him.

Days go by so fast. I eat, sleep, watch movies, do my work, drive to the nearest FROYO shop then back. Dad loves FROYO but it's our little secret. I don't get why he doesn't want to admit it. My days go by so fast and each day I feel like my soul is separating from my body and my dreams are the only and best escapes to everything. Drawing was an escape too but now he's there.

Currently I'm sitting under a tree waiting for my next class which is soon. It wasn't chilly today so I'm wearing a nice crop top and some shorts. I sit cross-legged studying but also evaluating my surroundings.

I see my mate who Quincy now confirmed he is Arseni, and is friends with my brother, in a way. That sounds nice. Not. He comes to hug his girlfriend now I know to be Mila from the back making her giggle. I don't want to watch them but I can't not because of the anger in me that I keep pushing back. My wolf wants to come out and scratch her pretty face and lying ass because she is cheating with my brother. I know they have something going on. And he says she's better than me. Pfffttt

I probably look like a jealous ex with the deadly glare I give them, it's making me angrier by the minute I can't hold in the anger anymore. It's been two weeks and I've been patient. My alarm rings reminding me it's five minutes before my class starts.

Yes, I have an alarm for everything.

I pack up my laptop and my books and hug them to me. I suddenly get a sense of hesitation knowing if I want to reach my class sooner, I'll have to pass by the group of Russian jerks, except Nikita. I decide that I'm not going to let myself get pushed around, plus Miss Johnson is not nice and loves punctuality.

I walk calmly by them and I noticed the way all of them looked at me. Would he have told them who I am? Maybe not. Either way this is going to weaken my steps. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself and hide any emotions on my face. While passing through, I didn't want to scan them because they're looking at me but my eyes did meet Mila who looked at me with disgust. What did I do to you?

The worst thing I could've done was looking at Arseni straight in the eye, I saw a smirk on his lips, his eyes didn't hold the usual hate for me as they used to. They hold something like admiration? Like in my dream? I was so distracted by the godly man showing some type of affection to me that I didn't notice the way and something that tripped me. I was on my way to hit the ground and my books, laptop and my phone were no longer in my hands when strong arms caught me.

The man didn't say a word and softly pulled me up and straightened me. I was met with dark blue eyes and blonde curly hair. He smiled showing his cute fangs, he's really hot. I think heard a mild growl that no human would hear but I couldn't make out where it came from. I back up from the man realising that he smells like all of them. He's one of them.