Chapter 19

Arseni's POV

I am not mad at what my father is telling me because can't force me to mark anyone. I'm mad at the things he said in front of my fucking mate. Not to mention the insult Ekaterina made to my mate. Who the hell does she think she is?

I could feel if I wasn't in between them, Queen Zhavi would've banged her head on the table. I could feel strong energy coming out of her. I admire how protective she is of her daughter and so was Ilari. Wynter didn't even bother to defend herself and didn't look annoyed or bothered. I noticed that my mate doesn't talk when she sees something is not worth her time and I love that about her but I don't like how she lets people say whatever to her.

I heard a small knock on my door. I'm not in the mood for this and I know for a fact that none of my servants would disturb me when I'm mad. I yank open the door almost breaking it. My eyes were yellow with my Lycan at bay. All anger faded once I was met with blue eyes. I got confused for a second.

"Uh- I came to check if you didn't hurt yourself." She says, her voice was soft but also shaky. My Lycan panics at seeing that she was scared of us.

I stand away from the door motioning for her to enter. I didn't know what to say so I just stared at her looking mesmerized by the place. I love how curious she is.

"I smell blood." She says seeing the trace of blood from the floor to my arm. "You hurt yourself. Can I help you?"

I nod at her and she went to the bathroom and took a cloth there. She commanded than asked me to sit down. A little bossy. She tied my arm with it to prevent any more blood, I showed her the first aid kit and she started cleaning my wound.

I was seated on the bed while she stood in between my legs, her short frame was almost level with me while I was sitting down but she was tall enough for me to look up to her a little. I felt like a kid that hurt his knee trying to ride a bike. Once she was done she put a bandage on it.

She was about to leave but I pulled her back. My head was lying on her very soft, very warm chest while I held her waist tight. My heart was beating so fast and my body was reacting in a weird way. I thought she was going to shout at me but instead I felt her hand brushing hair back and holding me tighter. So I let myself relax and enjoy the moment.

We stayed like that for a while until I felt her trying to push me off. "I said I was going to tinkle, this will be suspicious." She says trying to get off but I don't move. I chuckled at her struggling.

"Arseni really? Get-" She tries to get off but can't. "Oh my Goddess you're strong!"

I finally let her go and her eyes were looking at mine, that is a moment I've been needing for centuries.

"I need to go back and so do you. Go in there and be civil please. At least wait a few minutes until I'm gone before you go." She instructs me. I nod my head and don't say anything.

She left me there starstruck. I decide to follow her instructions and wait. I'm pretty sure she was happy I didn't say anything and did what she told me to do. If she would give me a chance, I'd let her control me any day.

As soon as I was sure it was clear, I make my way downstairs. I didn't pass by the room I wrecked, I don't exactly feel guilty but if my mate didn't like it I didn't like it. On the bright side it did make her come to check if I was okay, I never knew she cared about me that much to put her feelings aside.

When I entered the room no one was paying attention, they pretty much are used to this. I have a short temper but I never hurt anyone unless they deserve it.

I didn't miss Ilari looking at me with annoyance visible in his eyes, I'm betting he doesn't like his mother next to me.

"Forgive me for my... outburst but we should talk about this in private. Our guests need to be welcomed." I say and everyone seems to agree with me.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Queen Zhavi says catching me by surprise.

"Of course, thank you for your concern." I say to her and she smiles innocently. I noticed Shane was was barely able to hold back his wolf. I still can't wait to see the look on his face when he knows who I really want to see naked.

"Since we want to know all of you Queen Zhavi, how about we see your powers?" My father says to my mate's mother.

She hesitates to answer and looks to Shane who's eyes were set on Vlad. He didn't seem to be liking what he saw.

"I mean I'd love to one of these days." She says.

"Just not today." Shane finishes for her  and she agrees.

"So what do you major in little Wynter?" Ekaterina changes the subject. Why is she so obsessed with my mate? She doesn't even know she's my mate yet.

"Me? Zoology, I'm a fan of animals and they their biology interests me. I actually plan on knowing the scientific part of being a shape shifter." My mate says calmly.

"Predictable, but if you found the scientific part of our nature, wouldn't you unlike all other crazy scientists expose our secret?" Ekaterina asks.

"If I find out anything that would be of great help I would share it, just not with humans. I'm a princess, with my parents' permission there could be a school open for those interested in knowing their nature and not learning about humans instead." She says. That's actually very smart.

"Mmhh. So you only got the brains." She shamelessly insults her again.

"And you only got the beauty. Both of those things can score us jobs right?" Eriks starts to choke on his beverage.

I smile at my mate's joke which seemed to catch everyone by surprise, I saw a ghost smile on Shane and a snicker from Ilari. The only people who couldn't contain themselves were Autumn, Quincy and Alyona. They were laughing just not loudly.

"Asmara, no seas." Zhavi warns. I've lived quite a while not to know multiple languages.

"Lo siento mama." She apologized. So she speaks Spanish? Did she call her Asmara?

After that Ekaterina didn't talk much or bother my mate which made the whole breakfast go by fast and smoothly.

~
Hey lovies! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Our couple got a little close today, could it be Wynter has forgiven? Find out more on the next chapter.

Have a great day💕