Chapter 24

Wynter's POV

Dad is mad furious. His steps are quick and Mom and I are just trying to catch up, not to mention he is tall and has long legs. Why did Arseni even have to say that? Oh fuck my life.

We finally get to the castle away from everyone else. I decide to try and convince him, I don't know what I'm trying to convince but I'll try.

"Dad wait, let me expl-" He puts his hands up for me to stay quiet. Oh he is really, really mad.

When we enter their room, he closed the door while Mom took a glass of juice and poured it for herself. She looks very relaxed for someone who's daughter is about to die. What kind of mother does that?

"Reject him." Dad says when his eyes immediately meet mine. Excuse me? He wants me to reject my mate?

"What? No!" I say, he cannot tell me to do that.

"Do not raise your voice at me." He says in a warning. I can feel him trying to dominate me and of course it is working because my wolf is whimpering out of fear.

"Why should she reject him though? He's only a Lycan." Mom says, she doesn't seem to defend me more like be curious.

"He is not just a Lycan. He is a monster. You do not know half of the things he has done or the things he will do." Dad says.

"I know he is not evil and won't hurt me." I say, I'm not sure how true that is but he promised.

"Won't hurt you Wynter? Isn't he the reason you did not enjoy being at school?" He says, oh so he noticed. That's bad. "And Zhavi, you as my mate didn't think to tell me my daughter's mate is a damn murderer!" He says.

"Firstly, I didn't know who her mate is and I wasn't going to force it out of her, second do not talk to me like that. Lastly what do you mean "murderer"?" She says.

"Just because he is a Lycan doesn't mean he murderers people for fun." I say.

"Oh so he didn't tell you did he? He didn't tell you he stopped looking for his mate and fell in love with someone else? He got her pregnant and killed her. What makes you think he won't do the same with you?" He says. The air got knocked right out of me.

"What?" I say my voice was low showing the fear and shock of dad's words.

"He murdered the mother of his own child with his child before it was born, he lied about it and blamed it on their enemy Drake and his conscious allowed him to live with that." He continues.

There were no words coming out of my mouth. He couldn't have done that right? Arseni is mean but he can't be that heartless like that. This is the moment where I realize not only do I not know Arseni, but he is older than me and has lived different lives for years. Without me.

"Shane!" Mom says.

"I am only telling her the truth Zhavi. If she thinks she is mature enough to speak up and disobey me then this is it. The truth without sugarcoating it." He says. I want to say he is lying but I don't know.

"How do you know he will hurt me? How do I know those aren't some rumours?" I say my voice no longer sounding confident.

"You're calling me a liar? Why don't you ask him about Yahida?" He says.

Yahida...that's the name that keeps coming up. She is the one that he killed? Even if she cheated, why would he kill her and his son? Dad noticed my face was written with realisation.

"So you know about Yahida but not their history? There's a shock." His voice sounded sarcastic.

"I don't care what I know father but you can't ask me to reject my mate. You can't tell me to reject my mate when you have yours! I need my mate." I say or more like pleaded him to change his mind.

"You need a mate, not that mate. You don't have to have a mate Wynter you don't need him." He said.

"Don't need him? You don't know what I need Dad!" I shouted my anger growing by the minute.

"I'm only going to say this once Wynter. I am taking you home and you're rejecting him or stay with that murderer here." He says. What?

"Are you making me choose between my family and my mate?" How could he? "Mom? Mom say something!" I say feeling the hot tears stream down my face.

"Baby you're my only daughter and I can't lose you. Think about it, you can have as many choices as you like and you don't have to be bound to one person because then it gets annoying right? You can leave then if they ar-" She starts ranting while she is coming to hold my face. I stood there in disbelief, my Mom is also agreeing to this?

"No..." I say my voice coming out as a whisper. "No, no, no! If you never wanted me as your daughter then leave! Even if he is a murderer but at least he acts like he cares about me. I'm going to die anyway even without him because this thing inside of me grows everyday and everytime I get hurt. Like how you're doing right now." With that I leave slamming their door that you can hear a crack from the impact.

My mind was clouded processing everything that just happened. Did I choose my mate over my parents? He hurt me before and what would stop him from doing that again? Small words that he gave me? What did I ever do to deserve this? This was supposed to be a damn vacation and I haven't even enjoyed it once.

Maybe I don't deserve to be happy, maybe death is the only thing the Moon Goddess has set for me. I can't take anymore of this pain, it's too much to bear. Maybe if I hadn't existed my spirit would've been safer where it was before.

I ran down the stairs and my eyes were met with Ilari's. He stood there shocked to see my face with Chrystal looking concerned by his side. He walked slowly to me.

"What happened?" He says. As much as I want to cry into my brother's chest right now, I can't touch him because I feel my powers getting stronger by the minute.

"Don't." I back up from his hand. "Ask your parents." I say leaving them both there.

As soon as I was outside, I saw everyone was there but I didn't go to their direction. My only focus was the forest. I need a major release. I need to cry. I was very well aware they were staring at me and noticed that I wasn't okay. Feeling I wasn't walking away from them fast enough. I shifted to my white wolf and ran as fast as I could from them. I don't know where I was going but I was running...

I never want to see any one of them. I need my peace but that place is also lonely.

~

Hey lovies, hope you enjoy the new chapter.

More chapters coming right up!