Chapter 3

Arseni's POV

Humans get on my every last nerve and I have to bare with them for another and last year hopefully. I don't even want a mate. I have a lot of responsibilities to be dealing with someone that will need my constant attention but I have to have one.

If I was King before I would've been able to protect my sister but no father and his stupid rules that got my sister killed for what? Nothing. It's not like I wasn't strong enough but I just wasn't there and hate it. I hate it because I was fighting for my pack whereas it was just a distraction. They were killing our mates and my sister was one of the targets because she was mated to my friend Eriks.

He was devastated and spent 30 years not communicating with anyone and grieving his lost mate. He lived in another country and didn't want anything or anyone around him. Especially me because he said I looked too much like her. We respected his decision especially since he hadn't marked her and was waiting for the right time. If he had, he would've killed himself the moment he saw her  lifeless body on the floor.

I suffered a great loss too, all that happened after that night made me stop believing in love. It made me stop believing in mates, with the way my parents are, I'm not convinced mates are the best choice. As a Lycan, it's common for us not to find our mates and that's why we can mark anyone we want except those with true mates. Some never find mates and I'm one of them.

I have lived for 4 centuries but still I have never found her. It's time to claim my position as King with or without her.

My friends and I are on a flight to America for college. Viktor and Alyona are always rubbing against each other and kissing it's annoying.

Nikita loves electronics therefore she is very useful in a hacking job. Her mate is always reading or he has her on his lap while she does whatever she's always doing on a computer. She always says she wants to try and make an app, I don't know for what. She was always trying to invent something and when technology was introduced in the world, it was like introducing chocolate to a baby. She's addicted.

Eriks and Mila are always fighting about something. It's as if they are related, they just can't stand each other for some stupid reason.

Eriks comes to sit next to me and releases a breath of relief with a drink in his hand.

"Are you sure we couldn't leave her? She is a pain my ass." He says taking a sip of his poison.

"No. You all have to suffer." I have to bring then all here. Better safe than sorry.

"Yeah fine I get it."

"You should try not to fight, this will be one of the longest years of my life." I say.

"Every year is the longest year of my life." He says. I know what he is referring to and it's not a conversation we should be having right now.

"You should try to find someone else and I know you don't want to hear it but, it's been more than 80 years. I don't think she would like seeing you in this misery." He just looks and me then looks out the window.

"No one can replace her." He says.

"And I'm not telling you to replace her."

"Maybe," He looks down at his hands for moment as if thinking about something. "Tell you what, when you find your mate, I'll try to move on."

"Sounds like plan." I say confidently. I know he doesn't believe I might find my mate here. If not my next stop would be Africa but I don't think my parents will agree to that.

"We're about to land."

.........

When we finally got to the airport we drove to our house. Of course we don't live in dorms with a bunch of annoying college students. They are the worst kinds of humans.

With all of them tripping and staring at us like some type of God's and Goddesses. Partying all the time, well that I don't exactly mind because I love alcohol even though I don't get fully drunk.

"Moy korol', it's nice to finally have you back." My butler, Igor, greets us in the door way. He travels with us or more like before us to prepare our place to live before we arrive.

"There's nothing nice about this Igor but we have to be here. Thank you for making the house look like home." I say entering.

Igor looks more like a parent than a butler and he always blends in the human crowd. Anything we need he is always there.

"So Igor, anything interesting happening this week?" Eriks asked.

"Not much, mostly school and parties." Igor replied.

"Parties you say?" Alyona says. Of course her interest is peaked, she's a party freak.

"Da, mem." Igor responds. " There is a freshman party tomorrow and a party in a house on one of the students, who also happens to be the Alpha's son."

Oh right he turns 21. Jeon likes to be the centre of attention, of course he is having a party. Not going to lie, he does throw the best parties and his friends Leo and Ilari make good hosts. There's something about those two I can't quite wrap my finger around.

I know Ilari is a werewolf but he has dominating energy, even his vampire friend August seemed to be under him. Leo is a warlock, you can just tell and he doesn't exactly hide it from anyone but humans.

I don't think I've ever met a wolf like Ilari before, he is close to other species than his own that I felt he wasn't raised by wolves. Wolves are selfish beings, maybe the current King and Queen might have fixed the hatred between vampires and wolves but getting along with them is different. And this Ilari kid is friends with two other species and only Jeon as a wolf. Very odd but not something to be suspicious about.

Tomorrow there'll be a freshman party and I'm not feeling like it, I know Alyona is going and her mate is following her making Eriks go with them causing the others to want to join too.

"So, what are you thinking about?" Andrei says sitting next to me.

"Having to deal with humans again." I reply.

"You know this might be a stupid thought but-" I cut him off before he could finish.

"If it's not coming from Viktor then it's not stupid."

"I heard that!" Viktor yells from afar.

"Okay so, I was thinking if you want to keep away human girls. You could always date Mila." Andrei's suggestion peaked my interest along with Eriks'.

"Mila? She's crazy." Eriks says.

"Only to you. We know she likes you and she is also always threatening girls to stay away from him." Andrei continues. He isn't wrong.

"But she's only doing that for Ekaterina." I say.

"Is she though?" Andrei says. Pretending Mila is my girlfriend? Not a bad idea. But it definitely wasn't the best of ideas.

~

Hello lovies! I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Stay tuned and find out more on the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Xoxo⊂((・▽・))⊃