Prologue.

NOTE: Part One has been fully edited & rewritten as of June 12, 2013.

This idea came to me when I was being a fangirl & watching fan made videos of anything Avengers. I saw this Loki one & got inspired to write a story out of it. Just because of that though doesn't mean this is a Loki fan-fiction.

Also! I just want to point out that there are many inconsistencies in this such as their age and the time frame of some parts of this fanfiction. If I have time, I would love to completely rewrite this story. until then, please forgive me!

"You've all heard the stories of Thor...or Loki, but you've never heard mine. My name is Astryd Friggadottir. I am the lost princess of Asgard."

Prologue

Loki walked swiftly, leading Thor and I to a place he said we could play in. Finally, at the door he wanted, he stopped and sent us a mischievous grin. "We can't go in there," I spoke, eyes wide staring at the closed door.

"It will upset father." Thor agreed, beside me.

Loki raised an eyebrow, amused at our responses. The grin on his face led me to think that he already had planned this through. He knew Thor and I would be reluctant to go into the sacred room, especially when father isn't there to watch over us. "What father doesn't know won't upset him."

But Loki also knew that Thor was easy to crack. Thor nodded after a thoughtful pause, opening the door and walked in. Loki glanced at me, holding the door open for me. "Are you joining us?"

I hesitantly followed, allowing my two eldest brothers guide me through. We had gone in through the back room of the throne, where father kept his most prized possessions such as the casket of ancient winters that Odin took from Jotunheim, or should I say Laufey to be specific,after the war. He kept it there so no harm would come to it. 

Thor stood under the archway, admiring the throne room by its luxurious, gold beauty. "One day, I will be king and that shall be my throne." He smiled, closing his eyes as he let his mind wander off to his usual day dreaming.

"Oh, don't be such a fool, brother. When I am king, I will be the lucky one to have the throne," Loki said, lightly pushing Thor out of his way.

I frowned upon them. "It isn't fair. I should be the ruler, the queen. Asgard does not need another king; it needs a strong, independent queen for a change." Both Thor and Loki laughed at my response, mocking me in the process. They knew it would be impossible for me to rule, for I am only a girl. My fists balled up at my sides, ready to pick up a fight to prove that I am worthy of being considered. 

"Look at that.-" Loki pointed to the casket in wonder."-I dare you to go touch it."

"I will do no such thing!" I exclaimed.

"You call yourself worthy of the throne, don't you?...then, prove it." Loki smirked, crossing his arms against his chest. I turned to Thor, but he only shrugged slightly agreeing with Loki. He always did, and later on would argue with me, that only boys would understand. I turned around and my eyes traveled from the long pass way to the small steps, and finally, to the bright blue, enticing casket.

I only preceded a few paces, now ahead of Loki, before stopping. I nervously glanced between my brothers and the casket. Thor was quiet, staring at me, probably wondering if I had the guts to do it. On the other hand, Loki wore his signature playful smirk. "Go on, your majesty," he encouraged, motioning me with his arms for me to go forward. I gulped before turning back and continuing my path towards the powerful casket.

It didn't take long until I reached the steps and stood in front of the casket. I walked my way around, so I could be facing both my brothers and the casket. "She is actually going to do it," one of them, I believe it was Thor, whispered loudly. 

"Shh," Loki shushed. "She has yet to touch it."

I glared at them both for making me do such a prodigious dare. If my father were here to catch me in action, I would no longer be able to go out to see the light every day, but instead, grounded and locked in the palace. What father doesn't know won't upset him, Loki's voice echoed through my mind.

My hands shakily reached out for the handles of the casket. My fear kept on telling me that my father was behind me, ready to scold me but I pushed it away. A gasp escaped from my brother's lips as my hands gripped the casket. I held it up for them to prove that I was worthy and not a coward. Thor was surprised and Loki impressed. I smiled at them, ready to call them out for mocking me earlier but a sudden glow caught my attention.

I watched in amazement and bewilderment as letters formed onto the casket as if by magic. They were in Latin, I could tell that much. "Potentia ignire me," I read.

A sudden gush of wind, or perhaps it was power, swayed my hair around frantically. "What are you doing, Astryd?" Thor asked, but I ignored him as new words formed.

"Ego enim sum dignus." I finished.

"ASTRYD!"

Everything was a blur around me. All I saw were hazes of blue and white, engulfing me in its powerful embrace. I could feel it, the power, surging through my veins and igniting me. Thor's and Loki's shouts seemed to fade away as the casket lit up to an unbearable icy blue. All of a sudden, there was a loud boom. With all the chaos going around, I caught a glimpse of a frightened and distraught Odin, calling after me. "Father!" I cried and reached out for help, but it was too late.

           The casket of ancient winters exploded with power, blowing me away from the people I loved and cherished. 

Okay, so this is the prologue. I wasn't going to have one, and go straight into the story, but decided it would be best if I had one. In case you didn't know, Thor and Loki are around the age of ten in the prologue & Astryd around seven. I hope this didn't bore you, but at least it gave you an insight of what happened. I'm still debating whether to write this in first person or third. Sorry for any mistakes, just wanted to have this posted so I won't forget about the story.

There's a trailer to the side--->

It explains A LOT of the story. Also, there will be two parts to this. Part one will occur during the events of what happened in Thor & part two will occur during the Avengers. Part one will be way shorter, though. Please leave your thoughts below! I love to hear them, because they inspire me to continue on writing, (: