Part II : Chapter XXII

Part Two: Chapter Twenty-Two.

Sibling Reunion.

                      "He couldn't have gone far." Thor commented.

                 "No need to worry. He just came for a better view." I said, smiling since I was the only one who understood what I meant. As expected, I earned three confused glances and sighed. I raised a finger at them, signaling for them to give me a moment. I knew where he was -I could sense him nearby. Closing my eyes, I concentrated on his exact location.

                 Opening my eyes, I glanced up. I saw nothing, but I knew he was obscured by the tree's leaves and branches. "I just blew your cover. You can come down now."

                I heard a thud behind me as he landed. I turned around to come face to face with Loki, his glistening blue eyes piercing through mine. His infamous smirk was plastered onto his face and his proximity to me was vexatious.

               "You're coming with us." I told him, even though he already knew.

               "And what if I object?" Loki toyed, taking steps back to irk the others.

              "I don't recall Astryd giving you an option." Steve snapped coming to my side, staring at him. Loki raised an eyebrow, sensing something that I didn't and laughed.

**

                Loki was silent the whole walk back, and as soon as we entered the jet, he plopped himself down onto the same seat he sat on before. Natasha turned to us, eyes scanning us for any injury or anything out of place, and ignited the jet's engine as soon as she saw we are all good to go. 

           Tony let out a huff, sitting down seats away from Loki and leaned back into his seat, resting his head on top of his arms. Thor's expression was distant, his mind elsewhere at the moment. Steve leaned against the opposite wall and I walked towards him.

          "You look like you got mauled by a group of bear cubs." Steve lightly chuckled, his eyes trailing up and down my now tattered dress. I stared at him for a moment and then I laughed.

           "Thanks."

         "Well, I'm just being honest." Steve shrugged, crossing his arms against his chest smiling down at me. His smile then fell and was replaced with a small frown. He glanced at Loki discreetly, nodding towards him before returning his full attention towards me. "What do you think he wants?"

         "Power." I murmured back. Glancing down, I sighed. "I fear that this desire will be the end of him. He may have bad intentions and be a menace, but he's still my brother. I just don't want to lose him..."

          Steve tucked back a loose strand of hair and lifted my chin up to look at him. "I can't promise you anything. I'm sorry." He sincerely whispered, wiping a stray tear away.