Part II : Chapter XXV

Part Two: Chapter Twenty-Five.

Phase Two.

                       "Ah, you came." Loki grinned, sensing my presence before I even fully entered the room. He still remained seated on the bench, but he looked up and watched me curiously as I walked up to the glass cage. I stopped once I reached the limit staring at him.

                       "Because you called me." I remarked, crossing my arms against my chest. I didn't even bother with hiding the fact that I was annoyed. He knew I would come and he took advantage of it.

                    "Oh, did I interrupt something?" Loki teased knowingly. He stood and walked up, coming as close as his glass prison would allow him to be to me. His light colored eyes lit up mischievously. "My apologies."

                      "Why did you call me? How did you call me? Has Thanos given you power?" I asked. I had many more questions to ask, but these three were the most prominent. Even though, one of the questions I was the most curious about was: How did he know I was with Steve?

                       "Such an inquisitive thing you are. So many questions yet I fear I have no desire in answering them." He said, each word sounding rehearsed, and then he shrugged.

                       "Then I have no desire in being in your presence any longer." I spat and turned around, ready to leave him.

                          "Already regretting your decision, I see. It's a shame."

                     "Why do you keep pushing me away?" I abruptly asked, facing him once again but regretted it. The bright smile he was giving me was deceitful and mocking. He clasped his hands behind his back and began to pace back and forth inside his prison. I watched him warily, impatiently waiting for an answer.

                               "Yet another question from my dear Inquisitor."

                             I scoffed in disbelief. I should've known he wouldn't answer, but I couldn't help but hope that he would. That's what kept me here; what kept me fighting. Hope. I had hope in turning Loki back into the brother I once adored and loved. I still love him, but it was no longer the same. I turned back towards the exit.

                               "Don't say that I'm pushing you away. If you haven't noticed, you're the only one I've kept closest." Loki finally answered. I froze but didn't turn around. "You're the only one I care for."

                                "Yeah? Well, I wish you would show it more." I said over my shoulder. I didn't wait for a reply, nor did I dare to look back at him. Instead, I walked out of the room with a sigh.

**

                          "Astryd!"

                       Startled, I stopped walking and turned towards the direction of the voice alert. Steve hastily came in to view and I finally exhaled, not realizing that I'd been holding my breath. I frowned at Steve. His dark blonde hair was ruffled, as if he had ran his hand through his hair a lot, and his blue eyes lacked their normal spark.