Part II : Chapter XIV

Part Two. Chapter Fourteen.

Odin's Confession.

                “And how are you coping with all of this?” I asked Steve, using my hands to gesture all around us. His story amazed me beyond words. How he was just a kid from Brooklyn, how he enrolled into the military many times, was experimented on and came to be the super soldier and many other events. The saddest one of all was when he told me that he watched his friend, Bucky Barnes, die, not being able to do anything to help. The way he described his friend just tugged at my heartstrings, because to see any loved one die before your eyes and not be able to do anything, is execrable. It reminded of Loki...

                “It’s hard, but I know I can get through it. I just feel lost, excluded from the world. It’s almost as if I just don’t belong.” He admitted, sighing at the end.

                I sent him a small smile, placing my hand over his in a friendly and assuring gesture. He glanced down at my hand, and finally, his blue eyes came to rest on me.

                “I understand how you feel. I’ve been through it myself. But I need you to know, that no matter what, you’re never alone.” I told him, reciting the words Agent Coulson once said to me when I was young.

                “Thank you,” he murmured.

                I nodded, my hand leaving his and stood up. I let my eyes wander about my settings, and found nothing that caught my eye. Around here, there were just a bunch of buildings. The second entrance was where the interesting places were since it led to Times Square. I didn’t know where exactly we could go to from here. I was new to New York and hadn’t had time to go wander off on my own, and with Steve being the same, we’d both just be a big, lost mess.

                “Hey, so I’ve told you my story. What’s yours?” Steve asked, standing up along with me.

                “Oh, you don’t really want to hear it. It’s a long story.”

                Steve smiled and sat back down, “I have time.”

             ”‘you’re going to think this is crazy, you probably won't believe me'." I quoted him from earlier, but I actually meant it. The only reason why people believed my story is because they've seen the real me, and have been with me and noticed my strange qualities. Even Darcy, who had always claimed that I wasn't from this world, was skeptical when I had told her the truth. I don't think any person would accept the idea of not being the only ones out there lightly, but Steve was unusual himself. He'd have to believe me. Sensing my hesitation, he raised any eyebrow still smiling encouragingly.

              “‘Try me.' "

**

          The sky was full of hazes of pink, blue, and a light purple. Clouds surrounded the palace, causing it to stand out more in its golden glory. The Asgardians were up and about, going on with their daily routines. Attending to their customers, making swords and battle gear, taking care of their children, and many other things was among their busy schedules. It was yet another peaceful, hot day in Asgard for all the citizens, for the most part. Some of the citizens pitied the royal family for their loss, but the others thought nothing of it. It's not as if Loki was their favorite Asgardian in the realm.