Part I : Chapter XII

NOTICE: please read the author's note, if you don't normally read them. I have a lot of things to explain there & it'll help you understand a few things. I also have a few mistakes that I've made & would like to point out to you there. But for now, enjoy!

Part One. Chapter Twelve.

The tesseract.

         It was Loki. He was in trouble; I could feel it. I willed the power of the casket of ancient winters and tesseract to outstretch and let me see what was going on. Closing my eyes, my wish was granted and I found myself standing next to Odin who was now very much awake, holding a distraught Thor so he wouldn't fall. Below Thor, was Loki barely clinging on to Thor. I was baffled by the sight.

      "I could've done it Father; I could've done it for you...for all of us," Loki said as he stared up into Odin's eye. His greens eyes showed remorse, but not for what he's done, but for the way everything had played out. His plan was corrupted, and now the good he wanted to do was seen as wrong. He was now seen as the bad guy, the villain, and as his eyes stared into Odin's, he realized just that.

    "No, Loki." Odin said. There were no words to describe his tone of voice. It was a mixture between scornful yet loving.

     Loki's eyes watered, blurring his own vision. I'm sorry, Astryd, he thought, knowing that I was there, watching it all. My body may not have been there physically with them, but spiritually, I was there...to see it all happen. His grip on Thor loosened, and Thor's eyes widened.

     "Loki, no," Thor almost begged.

     Loki did not listen. I saw it in his eyes. He thought of himself as the villain, the monster. All he ever wanted was to make his father proud, and here was Odin himself, not showing the least bit of being proud. Sure, Loki didn't do good things, but what he did, was all because of Odin. He wronged with good intentions, and I seem to be the only one who's seen it. "I understand you, Loki. You're not the villain," I mumbled, hoping he would be able to hear me. For a moment, I thought he did. His eyebrows furrowed, and I felt his eyes land in my direction. But not even that stopped him.

      He let go, falling into a dark abyss of the unknown.

     "Astryd, wake up! Astryd, can you hear me?" Erik worriedly said, a hand slightly slapping my cheeks. I jolted awake, my eyes snapping open. I felt like a fish out of water as I had an intake of breath, but I soon snapped out of it and noticed my surroundings. I was on the floor, laying in Erik's lap in our living room. His concerned face hovered over me as well as Jane's and Darcy's. They all sighed in relief at my well state. "What happened?" Erik asked, knowing that something had definitely happened.

       My feelings overwhelmed as I tried to answer. Tears blurred my vision, and an image of green eyes full of sorrow and remorse appeared. "He...He let go. He's gone," I managed to say between sobs.

       "Who is gone?" Jane asked, trying her best to hide the impatience in her voice.