Part II : Chapter XVI

Part Two. Chapter Sixteen.

 Loki's Return.

                 "Astryd," Steve breathed as soon as my eyes opened. My blurred vision cleared and I found myself staring into Steve's blue eyes. "When I told you to concentrate, I didn't mean for you to pass out."

                 Steve helped me up. "Are you alright?"

               "I'm fine," I said, waving off his concern. "I just...it's crazy."

              "Crazier than you being a princess from a different world?" Steve asked, his eyes widening a bit. I couldn't help but laugh lightly at his expression. When I had told him my story, he was dubious and bewildered. He didn't fully believe me, because to him, there is only one god. I respect that of him and will not push his beliefs. His doubts about me not being human faded away when I showed him what I look like sometimes when using my power, and it definitely whatever doubt was left, is gone by now since he's gotten a taste of what I am capable of.

                 "I'm afraid so." I answered.

             "Enlighten me," Steve said as he positioned his hands in front of his face and readied himself in a stance. I playfully rolled my eyes, a smile toying on my lips. "Come on, fight me. I know you can."

                "Steve, I think we've had enough prac...-" I ducked, moving away just in time from Steve's fist."-ice." I finished, glaring at him. His other fist came towards me, but I stopped it midway, careful not to use my powers against him. I wanted to fight fair this time.

                A smirk formed onto my face as I thought of something. His eyes narrowed at me, sensing my plot against him. My hand clenched into a fist, ready to punch him square in the jaw. He stopped it almost immediately. Using that as a distraction, I hooked my foot around his leg and pulled, causing him to fall on his back. My smirk began to widen, but it soon faded away as he managed to grab a hold of my hand and brought me down with him. I fell on top of him.

               "You almost got me there." Steve smiled, gazing up at me.

             I playfully rolled my eyes and got up, off of him and offered him a hand. He took it and I brought him up with ease. "While I was out, I was pulled into another...realm," I began, finally enlightening him.

              "Go on," he urged, his eyebrows furrowing.

              "I don't know where exactly I was or what brought me there. It was this...this creature whom I've never heard of or met of before. He calls himself the Other  and he offered me a deal; to give them the tesseract and to join them in return for whatever I wanted."

                 "Did you take the offer?" He immediately asked, his jaw tightening.

                 "Of course not!"

                His tense body loosened and he sighed in relief. Did he honestly think I would accept that offer?