Part I : Chapter I

P.S There are changes in POV throughout this chapter. I'll explain it all in the author's note.

NEW TRAILER TO THE SIDE! (unlike the one in the prologue, this one focuses mainly on Part One)

Part One : Chapter One.

Midgard.

Everything was a blur as I fell; almost as if I were dreaming the events occurring around me. I felt weightless, and my heart was at my throat thumping wildly, daring to fly out. I didn't scream at all for that particular reason. There was no point in screaming as I fell, anyways, there was no one around to hear.

Suddenly, my back hit a hard, ragged surface and my mouth finally opened, giving out a blood curdling cry at the impact, not caring if anyone heard. My body was aching, throbbing, and bleeding. My eyes finally were able to focus on my surroundings. The hot, blazing sun burned into them causing them to snap back shut for a few seconds. Adjusting to the bright light, I let my eyes wander around without moving my head or body. I couldn't move, if I did, it'd only make things worse.

The sky was a light, baby blue, not too far away were mountains, small rocks were scattered around, and a layer of dust and dirt covered the surface. The temperature was too hot for my Asgardian wear.There's another realm, my dear, with only one sun that illuminates the entire blue sky, my father's words echoed, it is called Midgard, for only humans live there.

"Father," I croaked in horrid pain, but there was no response. I was in Midgard, out of Asgard's reach and protection. I seemed to be paralyzed, lost, and vulnerable. But most of all, I was alone.

I was utterly and completely alone, so I let the darkness overwhelm me, hoping that it would be my last...

 **

 A week, Thor thought, it's been a full week and yet there is no trace of Astryd. Loki sighed beside him, thinking about the same topic. He blamed himself for the incident. If it weren't for his dare, she would've been right beside them, complaining that Thor and Loki never include her in their games. "She's still alive. I don't know how, but I feel it," Thor spoke.

"I do too," Loki agreed.

 For a few moments, there was complete silence and then, a sudden rambunctious crash that could wake the dead broke the silence. Both brothers jolted to their feet, alarmed, and ran to where the noise had come from: the sacred room. As they reached the door, a heavily armed guard blocked them from entering. "It is not safe for you two to be here."

 "The casket! Hand it over!" A strong, raspy voice demanded from the other side of the room.

 The guard who was blocking their entry dashed into the room, leaving the door wide open, and forgetting about the two boys. Thor and Loki peeked in to see Laufey standing in front of Odin, who was in front of the casket ready to protect it to death, if he had to. "You are not worthy enough of it. It is to stay here in Asgard to be protected from fools such as you."

 Laufey's men were gone, all killed by the Asgardian guards. Only Laufey was left, and he peered over to the casket only to be infuriated. "You touched it, didn't you? What have you done to the casket?" He angrily demanded. Laufey knew they had touched it; it didn't have the same imprint as it did before. Odin remained quiet, puzzled by Laufey's accusations.

 "You call me unworthy and claim peace, but it is you, who is unworthy. It is you who doesn't want peace, for if you did, you wouldn't have taken the power." Laufey growled, his ruby red eyes blaring.

"What power?" Odin demanded, frustrated. "I have taken no power."

 "Oh, but you did. And when I find out who was the receiver, their blood shall be mine." Laufey threatened with a menacing grin, and with a dark cloud of smoke, he was gone.