Part II : Chapter XXXIII

Part Two : Chapter Thirty-Three.

        Astryd wasted no time and raised her hand up, aiming it at Loki. With no hesitation, she blasted him with bright blue sparks.The cuffs around her wrist may be restraining her from her power, but it's still strong enough to hurt Loki. He let out a grunt and regained his balance before it was too late, leaning against the wall for support while pressing his hand firmly on his right side. Despite his pain, he chuckled at her.

        She glared at him, her eyes meeting with his. A smirk made its way to Loki's face as his eyes burned into hers in concentration.

         Astryd's vision began to blur, head pulsating. She let out a cry as her hands flew to her head, gripping it tightly. She felt as if her own skull was going to collapse and smash into her brain. "It's all an illusion. Fight it," the voice in her head told her.

          It's not real. The pain is not real, Astryd told herself. The more she repeated it inside her head, the less pain she felt. Then the pain stopped all together. Her hands left her head and in less than a second, she had conjured up a massive ball of energy. With a flick of her wrists, Astryd sent it on its way towards Loki.

          The energy never hit him. Loki disappeared; his illusion faltering and the energy melted away the entire wall instead of affecting him. 

       Astryd stood there dumbfounded, but the confused feeling faded away as she felt a sharp pain. She gasped, eyes widening. Her hand met with the sharp end of a shard that was stabbed into her back. Turning around, she came face to face with the real Loki.

         He mimicked her facial expression, mocking her. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did that hurt?"

     "You're a monster." She spat, pulling out the glass shard. The wound began to heal and Astryd composed herself. Loki took notice and took a few steps back, distancing himself from her. "You've lied to me."

         "I'm the god of mischief and lies. It's only in my nature." He defended himself, clasping his hands together,conjuring a green orb of energy in his hands. 

        Astryd eyed him carefully, scrutinizing him. Fury began to boil up inside her. "You took my father away from me."

           "Your father is Odin."

       She scowled at him. Both of them knew that when it came to Odin, they were on the same page. He's not her father.

       Taking advantage of Astryd's distraction, Loki threw his orb of energy at her. It hit her right in the heart and left her gasping for air. Astryd collapsed to the floor. Her body trembled as the energy surged through her. She started towards Loki, dragging herself along on the floor. Her breaths were loud and shallow and her body still shook, but it didn't stop her.

       Loki walked backwards, but Astryd was too quick for him. She stretched out her hand and yanked him down with her by his ankle.