#Chapter 38

Kao's POV

I blinked, repeating what he said inside of my head. Vegas told me that the night where he send Porsche home wasn't the first time that we met. He had been watching me since I went to Viho Corps; that day when I went there to apply for the job.

He even had a planned to kidnap Porsche so that I would come to him by myself. But now since he already got me here, it means that Porsche wasn't in his interest anymore.

But why me? All his victims were all women, so why me? It's not like I'm wishing him to kidnap another woman - I hope he stopped doing this - but why did he started to change his target from women to a man like me?

"I kill Non for you."

"....."

"I help you to catch Mook."

"......"

"I give some lessons to Tofu."

"....."

"And now tell me what should I do to your parents. Should I get rid off them too?"

"H-How much did you know about me?"

"When I get interest in something, there's not a single thing that I don't know about."

"W-Why... Vegas... Why did you do this to me?"

"So you'll realize how much I care about you. Isn't that how people get in love? You'll do anything to make the other person happy. For you, I'll do anything to get rid of anyone who make you sad." He said with a smiled which gave me goosebumps. "I did this so you'll look at me. So that you will fall for me."

Suddenly, someone beside me snickers. And that was Build. "You know nothing about love. You're monster." He said and his comment caused Vegas to stomped towards him in angry.

He choke Build. "You've a death wish, don't you?!"

"JUST KILL ME! KILL ME VEGAS!" Build yelled before he started to whimper as Vegas choke him harder.

"Vegas..." I immediately held his arm, tried to pull him away from choking Build. And he immediately let him go. "You should be thankful that Newwiee save you this time." He said before pushed Build's head harshly.

"Anyway, let's continue our chit-chatting later. There's something else I need to settle." He said while caressed my head gently. Did you know? His soft voice just adding everything became more eerie.

Then, he left the dungeon. Some part of me got relief that he didn't chain me like what he did to Build. That's means there were chances for me to escape.

"Do you know what trouble you're getting yourself into?! If I didn't stop him, he will hurts you again." I scolded Build but he just threw a face. Not even thanked me.

"Now or later...he still will kill me."

"No! He will not! Because I'll get us out from here...alive!"

===============

"BIBLE!"

The said name halted his stepped when heard someone yelling for the name. Vegas slowly turned his back and saw Pete marching towards him with an angry looked.

"Yes sir? What ca--" He couldn't finish his words when suddenly a hard blow landed in his face, causing him to stumble back before fell to the floor.

The other employees gasped in shocked and stopped whatever they were doing to watch what was going on.

Pete pulled Vegas to his feet, almost tearing the collar. He heard the slight rasp of material ripping, but the gripped just got tighter. "WHERE'S KAO?!"