#Chapter 24

Pete kept looking at his wristwatch. It been 2 hours now since the last time he peek at Kao who was still busied at his desk. He doesn't want to interrupt so he chose to wait Kao in front of his car.

But, 2 hours had passed and Kao still didn't show up.

"Pardon me, sir Tawan." The security guard approached him. "Is something wrong with the car?"

"Oh, no. I'm waiting for someone."

"Who? I'm just finish my monitoring around the building and see no one. All the employees are leaving already."

"Eh? No... You must be mistaken. This owner of the car is still inside the building."

"Hm? I'm very sure the building is already empty." Said the guard while scratched his head which not even itchy.

To make sure what the guard had state, Pete went to the finance department himself to check if Kao was still there.

And turned out the whole building already empty. No sign of people except himself.

He walked back to the parking area and Kao's car still there.

"Where are you, Kao?"

He started to get panicked. He called Kao's number but no one picked it up. So, he called Third instead.

📞 Third: "I'm hanging out with Khai now. But Kao has inform me that he was at the bar with his colleague."

📞 Pete: "Who? Which bar?"

📞 Third: "I don't know, Pete. He didn't tell me the name. Why? Is there something happen to him?"

📞 Pete: "No. It's not. Can you inform me when he get home?"

📞 Third: "Sure, Pete."

With that, he ended the called.

Since he didn't bring his car, he called a taxi instead and went to the nearest bars. He went to every bars at the Bangkok to find Kao's whereabouts. But, nothing. He couldn't find him everywhere. But, he would never give up not until he found him.

"Excuse me, have you seen this man?" He asked to the bartender while showing him a picture of Kao.

"Oh! Yes I do! He come here but didn't want to drink! I remember!"

Pete's face light up. "Was he with someone? This man?" Asked Pete again and now showing the bartender a picture of Kinn.