#Chapter 9

"No. I don't like him. But I love him. Very much."

Silent. All eyes right now were focused at Pete while the latter stared at Kao like he was the most interesting creature to see. Well, he was indeed.

"Hahahaa!" Kao then laughed awkwardly. "Stop teasing me, sir. It's not funny." He said and kicked Pete's legs under the table, hoping that Pete was clever enough to read his expression which telling him to SHUT UP. He doesn't care anymore about Pete's position as CEO. For now, Pete was a dumb person in Kao's dictionary.

"I'm not telling jokes." Pete said, pretended not to see Kao's glared. "I already told you, that I'll do anything to make you fall for me."

The other interns kind of looking at Pete proudly, probably got amazed at how brave, confident, and straight forward he was. But, different from Kinn and Porsche who were looking at him with a death glared.

*PANG!*

Kinn slammed hard the table. His jaws tightened and eyes looked deathly at Pete. "Can we continue eating?"

Pete snorted and got up from his chair instead. "I'm full already. So, enjoy your dinner." And then he walked out of the room, not minding about the others who were surprised by his sudden departure after his cool confession.

"Excuse me, I want to go to men's room." Said Kao and walked out of the room seconds after Pete left.

He saw Pete left the restaurant and immediately chased him.

Pete was about to get inside his car when someone pulled him back and looked at him madly. "What was that?! You want to ruin everything else I've in my life! You want me to lose the things I still have in my life?!"

"When you said you're in love with someone else, it's not Kinn, right?"

"What?!"

"And what you said just now, it's not about Kinn, right?"

"It's not! I'm talking about my job! What if he fired me?!"

"Why would he fired you? And did you forgot that I'm the CEO now?"

Kao sighed heavily and tried to calm himself. "What if the other spread rumors about you confess to me?"

"It's not just a rumor."

"Ai'Peeete!" Kao stomped his feet in annoyed but he looked so adorable in Pete's eyes.

"What's the matter with you?! You can't claim me as yours because I never said that I agree to be with you! So please, can you think about my feelings too? Don't walk around and tell anyone about your feelings to me as you like!"

Suddenly, Pete stepped closer, closing the distance between them and makes Kao to gulp his saliva difficulty. "I will never let anyone take what's mine." Whispered Pete and Kao immediately pushed him away. "But I'm not yours! And yet here you're telling everyone about your feelings to me!"

Pete stepped forward again but this time, he boldly held Kao's cheek. "But right now, you're not in a relationship with anyone. So, I don't see any wrong in that." He softly patted Kao's cheek before he get inside his car, and drove away leaving Kao's speechless.

==================

Kao was watching Netflix from the TV while eating cookies when the doorbell rang. He pause the movie and put his cookies down on the table before stood up from the couch and walked to open the door.

The person in front of the door smiled once he saw Kao.

"Ka--"

"Third! You come here!" Kao immediately dragged him to the living room by the wrist.