[Market Fun] Freddy x reader

[angst to fluff]

"Freddy!" You called, running over to him. "Do these look good?" You asked, showing him the sunglasses on your face. "Yeah, looks super good." Freddy said.

Today you two went to an outdoor market, besides the sun beating down on you two, it was pretty fun.

You and Freddy had been friends for a while now, but you two could only hang out after school and on weekends, because you go to separate schools. It wasn't as bad as Freddy thought it would be. He just doesn't see you at school, but he sees you around evening time.

Plus, you don't know his reputation. He's told you that he has a bunch of friends and that he's the loner popular type. When in actuality, he was a total loner and loser, who also got bullied. There's no way in hell he's going to tell you that. So he's continued on with this lie.

You both were now in line for some lemonade. "I think we should watch "Get Out" together, it's a crazy ass movie and it's like a physiological thriller." You said. "That sounds good. Let's watch it your house okay? Remember Eugene tried sneaking in my room and watched the worst part of the movie?" Freddy recounted and you laughed. "Oh my god, that was probably traumatizing." You said.

"Totally, but that's what he gets for sneaking around and—" Freddy's face went pale, even though it was a hundred degrees outside. He saw behind you two familiar looking brothers.

You looked at him curiously, before turning around. "What are you staring at? Those two guys?" You asked. "Uh, yeah, they go to my school." Freddy mumbled a little. "Oh, cool, are they your friends?" You questioned. "Uh..." Freddy dragged on. "Sort of." He finished.

You looked at him suspiciously before shrugging. "Cool, should we say hi?" You asked. "No." He said immediately. "Um, I just want to spend the day with you, you know? If we talk with them then we'll talk for like, ever." Freddy chuckled nervously. "I don't mind, but, whatever you say." You shrugged again.

Freddy sighed a bit in relief, he turned back to see the brothers gone. He sucked in his breath, until you nudged him. "What do you want to get?" You asked, Freddy looked to see you two were in the front of the line now.

"Uh, I guess a lemonade." Freddy said. "And I'll just have water for now, thank you." You smiled. The person at the register handed you the water, and handed Freddy the lemonade. You two stepped to the side and started talking again.

It was going smooth, until Freddy heard a bone chilling voice. "Looks like Freeman's on a date."

Freddy turned around to see Brett and Burke, towering over him with smirks on their faces. "Oh, hi. You must be Freddy's friends right?" You smiled at them. The boys glanced to each other, containing their laughter. "Friends?" Burke snickered. "Yeah, friends." Brett wrapped his arm around Freddy's neck, ruffling his hair.

"Oh we're very close friends, right Freddy?" Brett asked. "Uh, yeah." Freddy gulped. You immediately saw how weird they were acting, but you decided to wait until they leave to ask Freddy.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you boys. I've only met one of Freddy's friends before and.." you trailed off as the boys bursted out laughing. "It's 'cause our buddy here is a loner. He's only got us, and his psycho foster brother." Brett laughed.

Okay, this was definitely weird. You looked at them, confused, and you looked at Freddy. He was looking down, and his ears were flaming red, a sign he was embarrassed or ashamed.

"I haven't seen you at our school, so I'm just gonna warn ya," Burke grabbed the back of Freddy's shirt as Brett continued. "He's worthless. I suggest you dump him for someone better. Or you two will be growing up in a trailer park, only getting money from the government since Freddy's disabled." Brett laughed. Burke pushed Freddy towards you, knocking the lemonade on your shirt.

You caught Freddy, his face landed against your chest and the lemonade had spilled all over your shirt. People gasped and started grabbing paper towel for you two.

"Take the warning seriously." Brett warned, before walking off, laughing. You helped Freddy get back on his feet, and you grabbed the paper towels people gave you. There was lemonade all over your shirt, but you didn't wipe it off yet.

"I'm sorry— oh my god I'm sorry." Freddy apologized, his eyes tearing up. You stared at him, before looking at the people surrounding you two. You grabbed his wrist, rushing you both out of there into the park.

You walked to the river, sitting down right next to it.

You looked to Freddy. "I'm sorry, I ruined your shirt, and it's all my fault— I should've— I should've told you the truth but I just— I just was so ashamed and embarrassed—!" Freddy hiccuped. "I'm s— I'm sorry.." Freddy gasped out.

"Freddy." You held his hand, making him look at you. "It's just lemonade, I just have to throw it in the washer and.. who were they Freddy? What just happened?" You questioned.

Freddy sniffled, rubbing his tears away, but they only smeared across his cheeks.

"I was lying. My only friend is Billy. I'm a total loner and loser at school. No one likes me, and those guys, they're my bullies.." Freddy's tears only swelled up even more. "God damn it, I'm so fucking worthless.." he sobbed, hiding his eyes in his arm.

"Freddy.. stop it. You know I hate it when you say that stuff." You said. You grabbed him, wrapped your arms around his waist and rested your head on his shoulder. "I wish you said something sooner.. but I get it. You were embarrassed. But what they did wasn't cool at all, if I knew who they were— I would've smashed their heads in!" You exclaimed.

Freddy chuckled, still sobbing a bit. "Freddy, you're not worthless." You said. You grabbed his face, making him face you. "Did you hear? You're not worthless." You repeated.

Freddy looked so broken, you've never seen him like this before. That's why you were giving him aggressive love, because he's been there for your mental breakdowns, you're sure as hell being here for his. He started to sob again, and he pulled you into a hug. His face was hidden in your shoulder, and you could feel the tears staining your shirt, but you could care less.

You petted his head, his curls bouncing a little. You kissed his shoulder and whispered sweet nothings to him.

You two sat like that for a while, even though Freddy's sobs stopped.

He knew at this moment, he was in love with you. He really loves you, so much, even if you don't feel the same.