[Beach Day] Freddy x fem chubby reader

a/n: need some more chubby comfort lol

[angst to fluff]

You pulled your already baggy shirt down, trying to cover up whatever you could. You watched three pretty, skinny women walk past, laughing at some joke they made.

Usually, you didn't really care what people thought about you, as long as you were happy. But it was different today.

The Vasquez family invited your family and your friend's family to the beach. It was a beautiful sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, perfect to get in the water. You watched from afar as your friend played with your younger sibling, splashing water at each other. You sighed, pushing up your sunglasses.

You kept looking to the parking lot, waiting for the Vasquez family to get here. Or more specifically, Freddy. Yes, you have a major crush on him, even though your friends make fun of you for it. You just couldn't help it, Freddy was just so lovable.

"Y/n dear, why don't you go into the water?" You turned your head to see your friend's mom. "Oh, thank you, but I'm not really feeling it right now." You shrugged. She raised an eyebrow, before shrugging too. "Whatever you're comfortable with dear— oh look, the Vasquez family." You whipped your head around so fast, you weren't sure how you didn't break it.

There came the whole family, their swimsuits already on as they carried bags, tubes, an umbrella, and rafts. Your eyes landed on Freddy, and he was wearing blue swim trunks. He looked so cute, like usual. You took your eyes off of him as they got closer, you waved.

"Hello Y/n, (friend's mom)!" Rosa greeted. You got up, offering help to the family which they gladly took. You help set up the blankets on the sand and put the umbrella up. You sat back down as the grown ups talked, all of the kids running to the water.

"Are you coming in Y/n?" Darla asked. "Uh, maybe in a bit." You lied, and she smiled. "Great! I'll see you then!" She waved, before running to the water. You waved back slowly, sighing.

Suddenly, you felt someone sit right next to you, and a crutch dropped onto the sand. You saw Freddy was sitting next to you. "Hey Y/n," He greeted with a smile. "I like your sunglasses." He said. "Really? Thank you.." you smiled, readjusting them. You paused, before asking, "why aren't you swimming?"

Freddy gave you a look, and you blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry— sorry, right, I— sorry." You apologized quickly, forgetting your crush had a permanent limp. "Hey it's alright! I'm surprised you don't remember it, it's like, my biggest physical trait. So it's fine." Freddy shrugged, still smiling at you.

"I should be asking you why you aren't out there."

That was a good question. You had a perfectly good pair of legs, it was a hot sunny day and there's really no excuse to not go into the water. "I just, um, I don't know, not really feeling it I guess." You shrugged. He stared at you for a moment, before clearing his throat. "Well, I'll just let you know, if you stay, you'll have a great time with me! Im very entertaining." He bragged dramatically, making you laugh. "See! Already working." He pointed at you.

For the rest of the day, you two chattered together on the blanket, and you both moved around a bit, but only a little. The sun was starting to set, and the kids didn't want to go yet, so you all decided to stay until nighttime.

The kids were running around playing tag, as you stood around with Freddy. You stared at the ocean and it's waves, wanting to go in so badly, but you just pulled your shirt down further. "Hey Freddy, want to walk on the shoreline?" You asked. "Uh, sure, it'll just be difficult with my, you know.." Freddy trailed off, and your eyes widened. "Sorry! Gosh I keep forgetting, we could do something else than—"

"No, it's fine, it'll be a little tough but I've been through worse." You gave him a skeptical look, and before you could argue he already started walking on the sand. You sighed, quickly catching up to him.

You both walked side by side, the water under your feet every now and again. Freddy did have some trouble, but you helped him until he got used to walking on the sand with his crutch.

"So, why did you stay with me all day?" Freddy asked out of the blue. Seeing your confused face, he continued. "I just mean, I'm not all that special, and if I could swim, man, I would choose to go swimming in this heat even if Superman was at shore." Freddy said, and you raised an eyebrow, not believing he would choose to swim and not see his number one hero. But you didn't say anything on it.

"I don't know, I do like hanging out with you." You admitted, and you weren't lying on that part. "I suppose... never mind." You sighed, and Freddy nudged you a bit. "Oh come on Y/n, you can tell me." Freddy reassured, making you sigh again. "Okay fine, but you have to promise not to tell anyone, got that Freeman?" You pointed at his chest, and he put his arm up.

"I swear." He reassured, laughing a little. "I'm serious, this is really personal. I'm really trusting you on this." You said, and his face turned stone cold serious. "I swear." Freddy repeated.

You paused for a moment, trying to find the right words, or even what to say. "I guess I don't feel comfortable in my body, you know? I just... I hate wearing a swimsuit 'cause I feel ugly in it, and same with anything else I wear that's even a little revealing. So, yeah, I know, pretty stupid huh?" You laughed, trying to laugh it off to bring down the tension. But you could feel his eyes on you.

"I don't think you would look ugly... that's just my personal opinion. And, uh.. I don't know. I get what you mean though. You wish to be anyone else but you. But even for myself, I have to try and love myself, because if you can't love yourself, how can you love others?" Freddy shrugged, not even noticing you had stopped walking.

Once he did, he turned around to see you hiding your face in your hands, your shoulders shaking. "Oh— oh god I'm sorry, I didn't mean to— I didn't mean to make you cry or anything." He limped to you, reaching his hand out to comfort you, but he wasn't really sure where to place it, so his hand just float there for a second.

You wiped your tears away, even though they kept falling out. "No— I'm— I'm sorry.." you sniffled. "I just haven't— I just can't—" you stammered, not able to say words correctly. "Hey, hey.. you don't need to talk. Here." Freddy pulled your wrist gently leading you into a hug.

You wrapped your arms around him, your face in his shoulder. You sniffled again, trying not to stain his shirt with tears and snot. "I think you're wonderful Y/n, I think you would look great in a swimsuit." Freddy admitted with a blush.

You fell silent, just standing in his arms. "Really?" You finally whispered. "Sure— yeah, of course you would! I don't really think anyone could look bad in a swimsuit— okay, maybe except for the Rock, but besides him I think anyone looks good." Freddy rambled, kind of dragging out whatever kind of joke he was trying to make, but you still laughed.

You pulled away from Freddy, silently taking off your shirt and pants. "Oh— hey— woah! Ah, whatcha doing there Y/n?" He chuckled nervously, a blushing mess. You didn't answer as you threw your clothes to the side, only in the swimsuit you wore.

You picked at your fingers, staring down at yourself, noting that Freddy was surprisingly silent. "See? I—" before you could even think about going on a whole self pity rant, Freddy was basically drooling for you. "See! I told you! You look, so, good.." Freddy said, gulping as he stared at you.

You noticed how flustered he looked, and you chuckled. "Stop staring, perv." You teased, making him somehow blush even more. "I'm not—! I— ugh, okay okay I'll stop, but, I was right. I think you owe me that." Freddy pointed out.

You hugged Freddy again, him being more flustered the second time. "Thank you. And even if I did like how I looked, I would stay on shore with you." You said. "Thanks. And um, same, but if I could swim." Freddy said, making you laugh again.

You kissed his cheek, maybe as a reward for being such a good gentleman, but also, you weren't as insecure as before. And you felt like you had a chance.