[The Perfect Meal] Freddy x reader

[fluff]

"Don't forget to wear the mittens, don't roll up your sleeves or you could burn your arm, set a timer but keep checking on the oven. And most importantly," Mary sighed. "Don't, burn, the house down." She said slowly. "Of course! I'm not an idiot. I'm a lot smarter then most people think." Freddy said.

"I know, just giving tips." Mary sighed again, ruffling his already messy hair. "Keep an eye on it." She said one more time, before exiting the kitchen.

Freddy leaned against the counter, rolling his eyes.

He's got this.

You see, Freddy and you were having a date. Freddy wanted to do something special, so he made homemade pizza (with Mary's help).

Freddy always felt like he was doing nothing, that you always did the work. So, he decided to do something for once instead of being lazy. Freddy smiled as he thought about you. How did he get the perfect partner?

The doorbell rang, making Freddy's head shoot up. He looked at the clock. If it was you, you were fifteen minutes early. Freddy limped to the door, opening it to see it was you.

"Y/n!" Freddy beamed. He looked you up and down. You were wearing a cute outfit, an outfit you didn't wear often. "You look, gorgeous." Freddy mumbled. "Really? Thank you." You giggled.

Freddy blinked, looking at you again. "Um, you're fifteen minutes early." Freddy stated. "Yeah, sorry. I was at a friend's house and I had to leave early." You explained. "Do you want me to leave and come back? 'Cause I can totally do that." You said.

"No no. You can come in. I just— I made— okay, it's fine. You'll see." Freddy opened the door wider for you to come in, closing it when you stepped inside. You took off your bag and shoes.

You furrowed your eyebrows, sniffing the air. "Huh, something smells like it's burning." You stated. "Oh, it's probably nothi— wait!" Freddy exclaimed in realization. Freddy limped quickly into the kitchen, you alongside him.

The kitchen was full of smoke, and it was coming from the oven. "Shit shit shit shit!" Freddy cursed as he opened the oven, even more smoke coming out. You ran to every window, opening each one up and turning on fans. You grabbed a pillow and started fanning the smoke out.

Freddy grabbed some mittens and pulled the pizza out, setting it on the stove. You and Freddy panted as you stared at the burnt pizza. "I left it for a second.. I..." Freddy breathed out, before groaning.

You rested your hand on his shoulder. "I made it from scratch too.. I worked super hard." Freddy explained. "That's my life I guess. Anything I want always gets.. well, burnt." Freddy sighed, slouching a bit.

"Freddy, don't get so down in the dumps." You said. "Why? It's not like I put all of my heart into this stupid pizza." Freddy said.

"Freddy, shut up for a second." You said, standing in front of him. "First off, I lowkey like burnt pizza. Secondly, you've never made anything from scratch before, correct?" You asked. Freddy nodded slowly. "Then that's fine! You think my first time cooking was perfect? No! I remember tripping and spilling the homemade soup and it went everywhere!" You laughed, making Freddy crack a smile.

"Point is, ya' can't be perfect. It's just a fact." You finished. Freddy sighed again. "Thanks." He grinned.

You cupped his face and kissed his forehead. "Now come on, let's get this smoke out of here so we don't suffocate." You half-joked. "Right. Okay, you're right." Freddy agreed.

Freddy grabbed the pizza, taking it to the trash. "Hey! What are you doing?" You exclaimed, snatching the pizza from him. "What? It's burnt." He stated. "Didn't you hear the part where I said I lowkey like burnt pizza?" You raise an eyebrow. "Oh yeah." Freddy chuckled.

"We're not wasting this." You set the pizza down, grabbing a pizza cutter from a drawer. Freddy sighed, tilting his head a bit.

He watched you cut the pizza for a second, before making his way towards you. His arms enveloped your back, squeezing you tightly. Your hand patted his head.

He hid his face in your neck. How did he ever deserve such a kind person? A gentle, wonderful person. And a person that would eat his trashy food?

He wasn't sure. But for now, he'll grasp onto it for dear life.